HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Please , someone here must know the answer.

This will decide whether or not I do a UMP conversion.

·
Premium Member
8,632 Posts
If you go here:

http://www.hdps.org/htm/5-3-1.htm

He has a USC on top, a converted UMP on the bottom. The selector levers in the picture look to be lined up pretty well.

Here is another pic, the left one is a conversion, the two on the right are real UMPs. http://www.hdps.org/htm/MVC-892F3UMPs.jpg

In the conversion, you can see where the top of the stock block sticks out past the back of the rear sight a small amount. It might be 3/8 of an inch, or 1/2" at most. The LOP will be increased by that small amount.

My block and stock will be here next week some time I hope, I can measure it if you want.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Lenth of pull as mesured between the curve of the trigger and the edge of the butt stock.

Factory stock USC 14 5/16 inches

Tactical Excellence USC to UMP conversion 14 5/8 inches

UMP 14 5/16 inches

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually , I wanted it just a bit shorter , maybe 1.5 to 2 inches.
I guess thats not going to happen.

Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
8,632 Posts
Actually , I wanted it just a bit shorter , maybe 1.5 to 2 inches.
I guess thats not going to happen.

Thanks for the info.
2 inches shorter? Not if you're using the factory UMP stock. I've seen some of the Top Notch G36 stocks cut down and spliced back together to get the LOP closer to stock, maybe you could do something similar with the UMP stock.

Why so much shorter? That would have to make it the shortest pull I think Ive ever seen.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2 inches shorter? Not if you're using the factory UMP stock. I've seen some of the Top Notch G36 stocks cut down and spliced back together to get the LOP closer to stock, maybe you could do something similar with the UMP stock.

Why so much shorter? That would have to make it the shortest pull I think Ive ever seen.
Funny you should ask.

My SBRed USC is kind of the 'bastard' of my collection. It does not really fit in anywhere. Its alot of trouble/wieght for a pistol caliber.

HOWEVER ...

My kids love to shoot it. Its one that they can shoot all day , and would be very comfy to them , if the stock were 1-2 inches shorter. Its a giggle gun, like me Storm , you have so much fun hitting metal stand up targets with it , it makes you smile , and makes the kids laugh.

Having fun with my children is VERY important to me.

·
Premium Member
8,632 Posts
Funny you should ask.

My SBRed USC is kind of the 'bastard' of my collection. It does not really fit in anywhere. Its alot of trouble/wieght for a pistol caliber.

HOWEVER ...

My kids love to shoot it. Its one that they can shoot all day , and would be very comfy to them , if the stock were 1-2 inches shorter. Its a giggle gun, like me Storm , you have so much fun hitting metal stand up targets with it , it makes you smile , and makes the kids laugh.

Having fun with my children is VERY important to me.
Cool, that totally makes sense. My kids are still too young to take shooting just yet, my oldest is almost 6. There's now way I could get them to wear ear protection. I took her to an airshow last year, and as soon as the first F18 routine started she was bawling to go home. At least I only had to pay for parking.

The shortening job I saw tried to cut it on the hinge side and graft it back together. If it didn't have to look like factory and you didn't mind cutting on a UMP stock, it wouldn't be hard to cut a few inches off the back, then reattaching the shoulder butt portion back on.

·
Registered
61 Posts
You may want to check out Stock Block "C" from HDPS. It looks like you may be able to configure an Ace folder with a shorter LOP, if that look floats your boat. Looks like Ed's working on them now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts