HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the proud new owner of a Parabellum Combat Systems PCS 9 pistol that will be SBRed with an A3 stock upon approval. What do people recommend for slings? I have several AR pattern SBRs and I usually go with a Magpul MS3 single point sling but what does everyone else use? I kind of like the old school MP5 3-point sling but is it cumbersome? This will strictly be a range gun for me (and hopefully a sear host eventually).

·
Registered
726 Posts
Only leather slings for me. Everything else sucks.

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,211 Posts
A single point sling that has the capability to covert to a two point sling and also has the ability to rapidly adjust is my recommendation. Slings like the Magpul MS3 and the new Haley Strategic sling are excellent choices, but you need to make sure you have the compatible attachment points on the weapon.
You'll find that because of the front charging handle and the small magazine well, that using a traditional sling (including the original HK slings), which mount at the front sling point on the sight tower, that this set up will become a hindrance to you when reloading and performing malfunction drills.
We cover the sling issue thoroughly at our Heckler and Koch SMG Operator Course.

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Good point James. I've always just used the Boone sling with the hk ends but it's cumbersome. Do you adapt your mp5 attachment points or have you found a sling that does what you want that can work with the factory mounts?

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,211 Posts
Good point James. I've always just used the Boone sling with the hk ends but it's cumbersome. Do you adapt your mp5 attachment points or have you found a sling that does what you want that can work with the factory mounts?
Some of the newer stock options, like those from B&T, have updated sling attachment points that are more friendly with the latest and greatest tactical slings.
For me though, when using the original mounting points on HK factory receivers/stocks, I modify the slings I want to use. The "u-loop" from Blue Force Gear is an outstanding attachment that will fit within the small eyelets on most HK weapons and can be routed through almost all sling webbing. Even on slings that have their ends sewn up, I've taken the slings and u-loops over to our paraloft and had our riggers make the modifications (if they don't make what you want, have what you want made).

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some of the newer stock options, like those from B&T, have updated sling attachment points that are more friendly with the latest and greatest tactical slings.
For me though, when using the original mounting points on HK factory receivers/stocks, I modify the slings I want to use. The "u-loop" from Blue Force Gear is an outstanding attachment that will fit within the small eyelets on most HK weapons and can be routed through almost all sling webbing. Even on slings that have their ends sewn up, I've taken the slings and u-loops over to our paraloft and had our riggers make the modifications (if they don't make what you want, have what you want made).
Would you be able to take a picture and post it of what you are referring to?

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,211 Posts

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Glad this thread was started.

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,211 Posts
Glad this thread was started.
One of the many benefits of HK focused training...you get to see what other guys are using, test out your own gear and theirs and see what works for you and what doesn't.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
One of the many benefits of HK focused training...you get to see what other guys are using, test out your own gear and theirs and see what works for you and what doesn't.
Exactly! That is why I am working on a Rocky Mountain course for you to come instruct. What you offer is invaluable.

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,211 Posts
Exactly! That is why I am working on a Rocky Mountain course for you to come instruct. What you offer is invaluable.
\

Have HKs, will travel.

·
Priest of the P7
4,793 Posts
No joke, let's make this happen. My range would be very accommodating, if not a bit out of everyone's way. I'd be surprised if there was another HK enthusiast in the entire county (roughly the size of RI) lol.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
No joke, let's make this happen. My range would be very accommodating, if not a bit out of everyone's way. I'd be surprised if there was another HK enthusiast in the entire county (roughly the size of RI) lol.
I was thinking of a large range in Summit county. They could accommodate vehicles and obstacles as well as tons of lodging which I will try and work out package deals on for post ski season. It also provides many opportunities for family members who may wish to come along. That may allow more married men the permission to attend :biggrin:
Some of the guys out of the Springs might wish to head up as well and if I work this out right, I might get some promotional sponsors to add items for swag bags. Perhaps it can become a annual event. James offers training like non other.
Maybe I'll put a lease on this gal and add her as an distraction/obstacle for those who dare...
BlackBear+Cubs-EP-LW- 292-1s.jpg

·
Priest of the P7
4,793 Posts
I was thinking of a large range in Summit county. They could accommodate vehicles and obstacles as well as tons of lodging which I will try and work out package deals on for post ski season. It also provides many opportunities for family members who may wish to come along. That may allow more married men the permission to attend :biggrin:
Some of the guys out of the Springs might wish to head up as well and if I work this out right, I might get some promotional sponsors to add items for swag bags. Perhaps it can become a annual event. James offers training like non other.
Maybe I'll put a lease on this gal and add her as an distraction/obstacle for those who dare...
View attachment 61386
Wherever. If it's withing a day's drive I'll be there.

·
Registered
409 Posts
View attachment 61386
Colorado still letting us 2A types with class 3 stuff in? Family has a place in Aspen Glenn - honestly didn't know if I could bring the goodies given where CO has gone lately on the gun control issue. Sounds like fun.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Colorado still letting us 2A types with class 3 stuff in? Family has a place in Aspen Glenn - honestly didn't know if I could bring the goodies given where CO has gone lately on the gun control issue. Sounds like fun.
They have only trashed us on mag purchases and added fees for background checks.
NFA travel rules still apply.
I'll be working at getting this all arranged in the upcoming months. I can't promise moma bear though.
James is excited and so am I.

·
Priest of the P7
4,793 Posts
Depending on where you live those idiotic laws are largely ignored. CO is a big state and most of the idiots are clustered in one area -- If we could only make that little part its own deal that would be fantastic.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Depending on where you live those idiotic laws are largely ignored. CO is a big state and most of the idiots are clustered in one area -- If we could only make that little part its own deal that would be fantastic.
I forgot about that city. Those visiting the state need to avoid getting off the interstate within the capital, or else they must read all of the absurdities there, first. I believe ARs are not allowed, so who knows about NFA in Denver. Stay on Interstates and get into the mountains and your Howitzers are now OK to rock n roll.

PS, never meant to hijack this thread. I will start a new one once dates/info are available.

·
Premium Member
3,868 Posts
just get a Blue Force Gear Vickers (non padded) quick adjust two point. I use the same sling on all my rifles/carbines. I find it simpler to just run all rifles the same way.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts