HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any experience with one of these? I'm looking for a can for my USP Compact Tactical and UMP conversion and want it to be hearing safe shot dry. So far, I've only seen the AAC Ti-RANT and Silencerco Osprey fitting the bill but Liberty claims that theirs reduce decibels down to the mid-130 range. If it's just as good while being cheaper (MSRP is $799), I'll put it on the consideration list.

Appreciate y'all.

·
Registered
229 Posts
LOL long odds dude, trust me I've had a similar quandary myself in regards to a Thompson Machine Poseidon on an MP5K-PDW with 1/2x28 Navy barrel but the chances of there being someone out there who has experience with every single manufacturer of cans is so low that I never even bothered to ask. You being out in DFW though (I'm out west in Midland/Odessa but used to live off 635 and 75 in North Dallas) you MIGHT be able to locate a dealer who has a demo can you could try out for yourself. Test driving a can is probably the best answer anyone could ever give you as to the effectiveness of any given suppressor.

Liberty's website doesn't appear to list any dealers but (and this is just conjecture I have no idea if this would be possible) you might consider contacting them and asking if they have a demo can that could be transferred to your dealer temporarily for said test drive (probably best to coordinate this WITH or THROUGH your dealer) and while your dealer might miss a "sale" he's still going to get paid whatever transfer fee he charges so he might be game for that scenario.

EDIT
Never mind I'm an idiot....

*DFW AREA* (within a couple of hours of Dallas)

Longview Class III
Longview, Texas
903-918-0140

Special Operations
309 N. Union St.
Whitesboro, TX 76273
903-651-0062
903-209-5753
[email protected]

Blake Madigan
Benbrook, TX
817-999-2825

Big Dog Guns LLC
Brenham Texas
979-421-9677

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, long odds do happen ;) I've got a shooting buddy of mine who just happens to have a USP-f with a threaded barrel and a Ti-RANT and he let me borrow his can on my pistol. I instantly knew I had to have a silencer of my own after that :biggrin:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Waiting on ATF approval for my Ti-Rant 45 and Ti-Rant 9. Should be a Merry Christmas for me this year. I hate the waiting for Uncle's approval.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't even started the waiting yet. Trying to get the guy that was supposed to set up my trust to call me back and get the paperwork done. I'm about ready to ask for my money back.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
I love the Tirant because I use it on all my other hosts from 9mm to 22. It's plenty quiet dry. I shot it on 4th of July outside with no hearing protection and it was awesome!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Liberty is a great company. Dave, the owner, hangs out at a couple of the silencer forums. I'm more familiar with their rimfire stuff as far as performance, but his decibel ratings are usually dead-on, if not underestimated, to make sure customers don't have false expectations.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a Liberty Kodiak 22 can and i am very happy with. My dealer has sold a lot of Daves cans and has never had a problem. My Kodiak is scary quiet.Hope this helps.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Don't know about the Miranda but, like Jeeperxd's .22, my 9mm Liberty Mystic is scary quiet.

I may be able to get a group buy together with a couple more people. Any interest?

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would if the price is right. Right now, it's looking like I'm going to go with an Osprey .45 as Silenced America is trying to get it for me for $699 plus tax. Plus, they're near me so I'd be supporting a local business.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts