HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if this has been discussed yet.

What is a good quality light/laser combo for my USPc Tactical .45?

I'm looking at Insight's X2L or M6X. I like the compact size of the X2L. Is the M6X to big for the Compact USP?

Thanks for your opinions.

John

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,393 Posts
I have an M6X, its a very good light. Very bright and the laser seems to hold its zero well. I don't think that it's too big for a USP Compact. But you will need a rail adapter. The only problem I have with it is that it is mounted to the USP via GG&G lo-pro rail and every time I take it off and put it back on, it seems to get a little more play in it.

Have you looked at the Streamlight TLR-2? I also have one on my P2000 and it's a much better light IMO. Not brighter but better because of the thumb screw used to tighten the rail to the pistol. That to make makes more sense. Also when comparing the two next to each other I think the TLR-2 was more well thought out.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/37980-46117-2841.html

Good luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
loupav, thanks for the info.

Does the TLR-2 attach directly to the USP rails or do I need an adapter?

Will the TLR-2 fit on the USP compact?

Thanks

·
Registered
851 Posts
You will need rail adaptors to fit lights on the USP full size and USP Compacts (except for the UTL lights). Both GG&G and Surefire make the adaptor. The GG&G units are cheaper in price and in my opinion better in quality. My personal suggestion is to stick with the LED lights. The illumination is usually brighter and more even, plus there is less chance of bulb burn out.

With the adaptors in place, most any light unit available should fit that utilizes a Pict. rail type mount. Pics are off of GG&G's website

1 - 5 of 5 Posts