HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently purchased and fired my first light LEM equipped HK and really love the trigger. I will be installing it into my other "carry" HK soon, as it is great for that purpose. My full-size guns are used for USPSA and IDPA, however, and I'd like to go LEM with them as well for consistency. For competition, though, i feel that the light LEM just isn't light enough.

So, are there springs available to go lighter? Or do I need to send the guns out to an expert?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
If this IS for your competition pistols, then contact Bruce Gray. I am not sure how light he goes but he can make it lighter and be sure to talk to him about if he still retains all safety features if this is for duty/carry/nightstand use also. I know some have taken it as light as 3 pound but only on competition pistols because a safety feature is removed. I don't know if Bruce does it this way or not so you will need to contact him.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
What does your Light LEM trigger weigh now? Mine run from 5.2 to 5.7 pounds without internal polishing (which you can do yourself). Recall that just sending a pistol to one of the Wizards can cost $60 in next-day FedEx or UPS charges and the same to get it back. $100+ before the first bit of work is done on it.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have not weighed it, but if i had to guess it's probably in the 5-6lb range. I'd like to see ~3lb if it's possible. I am aware of the cost of quality gunsmithing, so I have an idea on what I'm willing to spend to lighten it a bit myself before dropping big bucks on a big name smith.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I'm afraid a 3 pound trigger weight would cause me to pull straight thru the sear trip point. I'm also a notorious misjudge of trigger weights so I bought a trigger weight scale so I'd know.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Bruce Gray has a competition package. It's costly, but he is the best from what I hear.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Bruce Gray has a competition package. It's costly, but he is the best from what I hear.
He is indeed.

I did the non-competition RRCDP on my three HKs and the pulls are slightly lighter than the stock light LEM (well, they 'feel' that way but it isn't always an accurate indication of actual trigger pull weight). The P30 is the best pull IMO, but the reset still lags what he was able to do with the HK45C and P2000SK. Those two have crazy short resets, and the P30 is pretty much like the HK45C stock, pre RRCDP.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just to update this thread, I "measured" my usp45c's light LEM pull with a string and a 5 lb weight and it appears the pull is less than 5lbs. I'm going to swap the trigger on my full-size USP9 to the light LEM and shoot a few matches as is before reconsidering grayguns work. Thanks for all the responses.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts