HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan of converting my V1 USPc 45 to light/Match LEM when I get home from Afghanistan. I purchased the universal LEM kit from HK Parts, but what else do I need beside the LEM Kit? The nickle plated flat sear spring is something I was looking at, and I believe I have seen something about a different hammer spring? Could someone tell me for sure what exactly I need if anything over the universal LEM Kit?

JP

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
You will need the Match Trigger Kit and the LEM kit. Unfortunately, even with both of those you won't get a TRUE Match/LEM trigger because the trigger itself does not work in the USPc and therefore you won't have an overtravel stop. However, you can tap the original trigger with an overtravel stop and get basically the same thing. I'm not sure which parts out of which kit will need to be installed. Hopefully someone else who knows will be along later to help you out more. Stay safe over there.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Are you doing the Match/LEM hybrid? As already mentioned, you can't use the actual match hammer in the compact as it doesn't fit. At least without modification anyway. I did the Match/LEM hybrid conversion in my USPf.

I talked with Travis at HK who is the one who came up with this combo. To do it I bought match hammer, which you can't use, the LEM universal kit, the nickel plated flat spring, match hammer spring, and the light TRS. It is a P2000 trs and it part#209266. Travis specifically recommended this part. The match hammer spring is apparently the same spring that comes in the USPc, so you shouldn't need that.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
+1 what 442 said above. I didn't use the P2000 TRS spring and opted for the true Match TRS. The Match TRS is currently out of stock right now but should be in stock sometime in July as per HK. To get the true Match + LEM Hybrid feel, you should look into some trigger smoothing, in addition to the Match parts + LEM kit.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you doing the Match/LEM hybrid? As already mentioned, you can't use the actual match hammer in the compact as it doesn't fit. At least without modification anyway. I did the Match/LEM hybrid conversion in my USPf.

I talked with Travis at HK who is the one who came up with this combo. To do it I bought match hammer, which you can't use, the LEM universal kit, the nickel plated flat spring, match hammer spring, and the light TRS. It is a P2000 trs and it part#209266. Travis specifically recommended this part. The match hammer spring is apparently the same spring that comes in the USPc, so you shouldn't need that.
So for what I am limited to in the USPc all I need in addition to the LEM kit is the Match TRS and the Nickel flat sear spring? That should be it right, no additional hammer spring?

JP

·
Registered
313 Posts
So for what I am limited to in the USPc all I need in addition to the LEM kit is the Match TRS and the Nickel flat sear spring? That should be it right, no additional hammer spring?

JP
I believe so, yes. I got the light trs because it was recommended, not because the match trs was out of stock at the time. I may pick one up to make a comparison though.

ETA:Look for Carrera's post a week or so back where he made a video detailing a LEM install. VERY helpful!

·
Registered
18,641 Posts

JP
Don't know what date code your .45 compact is, but if you have a short catch, you'll need a long catch to work properly with LEM.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't know what date code your .45 compact is, but if you have a short catch, you'll need a long catch to work properly with LEM.
Short Catch, Long Catch?

I have no idea what date code it is either I bought it while over here and it's sitting at my LGS waiting to be picked up.

JP

·
Registered
313 Posts
Short Catch, Long Catch?

I have no idea what date code it is either I bought it while over here and it's sitting at my LGS waiting to be picked up.

JP
I'm not sure when the changeover was made regarding the catches, but someone here does. The date code is determined be the two letters at the beginning of the serial number. Can you contact your LGS and see if they will give those to you? If so, the date of production can be determined and I know someone can determine whether you need the new catch or not.

Missed the part about you being in the 'Stan. Stay safe.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Short Catch, Long Catch?

JP
Short catch 2004 AE, long catch 2005 AF.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm not sure when the changeover was made regarding the catches, but someone here does. The date code is determined be the two letters at the beginning of the serial number. Can you contact your LGS and see if they will give those to you? If so, the date of production can be determined and I know someone can determine whether you need the new catch or not.

Missed the part about you being in the 'Stan. Stay safe.
Ok, so I looked up my won items on gun broker and here is what I could see from the pictures...

There are the letters AK between some "things" I honestly don't know what they are. Then the serial 29-091*** then a space and the letters DE.

Does that help in figuring out the date?

JP

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Ok, so I looked up my won items on gun broker and here is what I could see from the pictures...

There are the letters AK between some "things" I honestly don't know what they are. Then the serial 29-091*** then a space and the letters DE.

Does that help in figuring out the date?

JP
Your date code is the first 2 letters, AK = 2009. It has the longer catch. You're good to go on the LEM kit.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Thanks 442, I only have 2.5 months left...almost home.

so will the match TRS work from HKparts? Do I even need it?

JP
Yes, it will work. You don't need it, but it will likely improve the trigger feel and reset over the stock trs.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
The Match TRS is the lightest TRS spring there is. You can use whatever TRS you wish, but it will never be true Match trigger.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The Match TRS is the lightest TRS spring there is. You can use whatever TRS you wish, but it will never be true Match trigger.
Yeah, I know. I'm just going for light and smooth. I think I'm going to send it to Greyguns later any way I just want to instal the LEM first.

JP

1 - 20 of 21 Posts