HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not a week goes by where someone does not want some information on the different light mounts out there. I have three, Pro-Mag for the Compact, Surefire for the Compact, and GG&G for the USP. I took some pictures on grid paper so you can compare the differences. All lock up rock solid and perform the same; perfectly. The GG&G and Surefire are almost identical and hold the light very close to the frame. But the Surefire runs about $80 and the GG&G runs about $51. The Pro-Mag hangs down pretty far but it does cost only $20. Now you have a little more info to help make your decision.
Light is a Streamlight TLR-2 laser/light combo in all pictures.
Pro-Mag on a Compact .45

GG&G on a Compact .45

Surefire on a Compact .45

·
Registered
41 Posts
BB, Are all three made of the same material? I was thinking about getting the GG&G for the compact. Will they only work with the x6 lights?

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BB, Are all three made of the same material? I was thinking about getting the GG&G for the compact. Will they only work with the x6 lights?

Thanks,
All these rails will work with any light that uses a standard type rail, including the X6 lights.
As to the material these are made of I have absolutely no idea. I am sure all are made of some type of aluminum alloy but what the particular alloy is I have absolutely no idea. They all seem to be a pretty hard alloy because I was not bashful about screwing the screws in tight and none of them gave any indication that they were going to strip out.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Good idea to post. I have the GG&G and have been very happy with it. I would recommend it. I also use to have the promag adapter put got rid of it because I didn't like how low it put the controls of my M3X. Here are some pics to add.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Big Bore, how well does the laser work on the SL Light/Laser combo? Does is hold zero well? Have you tried shooting with just the laser on the target and not looking down the sights?

I was curious if I should get just the light or go for the combo.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have shot the TLR-2 laser the most on an AR-15 pistol. I likely have a couple thousand rounds through that pistol with the laser on it and it has held zero perfectly. On the HKs I at most have only about 50 rounds through the Compact Tactical with laser and while not a lot, it too has held zero perfectly.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Awesome, totally awesome. I wondered what the differences were. I was and am still wavering between the GG&G and the MLSECPRO version, and was leaning to the latter to give an HKer some business for about the same cost. Great to see the rail with the light unmounted as well. Thanks for the added pics. Do you think GG&G makes Surefire's rail and just puts a silver screw instead so they can mark it up $30, they look that close to me. I think they're made from Nytrilium the same metal as those anti Al-Qaeda smart bullets that know if they've hit a person and to expand or a barrier and to punch their way through to the other side. I could be way off, but it's just a thought.

P/S that Tac is rad, too bad it's not CA legal, I hear there was a place here selling them without the threads, to make it less of an "assault weapon."

·
Registered
36 Posts
might seem like wishful thinking, but is there any variant model of any lights which actually fit the gun without an adaptor (other than the hk light)?

I know I had read that Surefire was planning on coming out with a tac light that wouldn't require one, any word on this?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
As of right now, i think the only light that firts the USP is the HK light.

The Laser devices Blast II has a proprietary adaptor that fits a lot closer to the dust cover, although its still not that close.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Cool comparison. Look like I 'need' to find a GG&G

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just thought I'd resurface this one with the best recent prices.

Wish I had found it before I bought my rail adapter. Having said that, it is functional and indestructible (anodized alloy)...just not as low profile as the others. I bought the ProMag for $20 before finding these links.

ProMag for $15 at Cals Sporting Armory.

http://www.calssportingarmory.com/ProMag_PM063_HK_USP_Rail_Adapter_For_Insight_M3_M6_p/pm063.htm

GG&G for $40 at Botach Tactical.

http://www.botachtactical.com/ggm3adforhku.html

·
Registered
28 Posts
Man, it would be nice if someone out there could machine the rails down to picatinny sized rails so we could do away with the adapters. I don't have the seeds to bust out the dremel tool. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
You have bigger ones than I do. After a few years under my belt, I have learned that I can start a project with a good idea and it ends with "well, it seemed like a good idea at the time...". If you have the skills, more power to you. I am sure I would be among the ones that would gladly pay for such work. Probably not for the first one though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
NOCompromise did his full size USP and it looks good. he posted picture, but can't get in touch with him to figure if possible on USPc

·
Registered
552 Posts
that banner across the top says it fits an HK closed rail. . .

Now, a Mark 23 adapter would be awesome. BB has a link to an airsoft one.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts