HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dealer sample HK 53. I bought a four position burst pack for it. Mainly because I could. The pack came off a MP-5 so I figured the hammer spring was wrong. Thing is on HK Parts they list the same spring for 9mm, 40?S&W, and 5.56. Did the springs change at some point or do I have other problems.
I was running berdan primed wolf if that maters. I'm sure it's primers are pretty hard. Same ammo runs good with the SEF pack.

·
Unrepentant HKHolic
Ones that go Bang
4,927 Posts
I would get the .308 spring that is what I try to run............and leave it for all calibers unless you have issues.......

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
While you are shopping for a spring, you might as well get the "extra power" spring that they sell as that is what I did when I had light strikes. As an FYI, I change my springs as I switch from pistol to rifle calibers. The heavier spring works great in rifle calibers.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
The XP spring from HKparts will work fine on rifles, but if you use it in a pistol caliber gun it may bind the carrier on the hammer. I had it happen in 3 9mm guns using that spring. However the standard 308 spring works on every caliber I have shot with.

Also keep in mind Wolf steel case has fairly hard primers. Brass would probably run just fine. Also the SEF may of had a retimed hammer which gives the hammer a longer "swing" travel and will increase strike force on the firing pin. The standard hammer on a SEF pack is timed differently since there is no burst mech and will still have a slightly better hammer strike. Also make sure that your firing pin hasn't worn, chipped, or mushroomed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts