HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. guys one more question...for now!
I'm thinking that I need/should replace the trigger spring on my new 45C V1 with the Light-Trigger Spring...any advice?

Thanks! :79:

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
If it was bought as a V1 then you already have the light TRS.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well...that answers that question. Hey, I'm still the "new guy" remember?:8: The reason I ask is that the trigger seems heavy , even though I've put several hundred rounds down range. What would be your suggestion to lighten it up just abit?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Try 2,000 rounds down range and then call us in the morning! :)

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
This will help a lil bit but not much, assuming you have the other fpbs, my ba date code p30 had the older style "heavy" fpbs and my new "light" fpbs will be here monday mornin hopefully.
HK Spring | HK FPBS - HKPARTS.NET

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
The HK45 V1 trigger feels heavy in SA mode or DA mode? It should be about 9 to 10 pounds in DA, but SA should be closer to 5. For reference, standard LEM is that same 9 to 10 pounds every time.

A trigger weight scale is really the only way to tell the true weigh as few of us have calibrated fingers. Try lubricating the fire control parts with a few drops of CLP in that area as the smoothness of the trigger pull influences our perception of the weight. For example my butter-smooth Beretta M92G DA pull feels much lighter than the 6 pounds 11 ounces it measures.

The only "light springs" for the HK45 series are the Light LEM springs but these are same springs that come with the DA/SA V1 pistols. Spring weights in "Heavy LEM" are heavier than V1, probably to avoid the fear of too light a trigger weight in police pistols. If converting to LEM leave the V1 springs alone; you can mix and match later if desired.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good Info....I will try the light FPBS, sounds like a good idea for only $7.74!
Thanks guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts