HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a USPc .40 SS I'm looking for a good tac light for my gun any and all help or suggestion's would be very appreciated. Thank You !

·
Registered
851 Posts
SureFire X200 or the new X300. Streamlight TLR 1. There are other brands out there. The SureFire and Streamlight seem to be the most popular. Here's a quick pic of the SureFire X200A with a GG&G rail adapter on my stainless USPc 9 so you have the general idea:

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
light

Thank You it looks great on your 9,any special place to shop.Thanks again.One thing I notice about H&K owners is that we all seem to be great comrades

·
Registered
239 Posts
I like the TLR-1 or TLR-2 by Streamlight if you want the laser option. Check Botach.com for some stellar prices on tac-lights.

·
Premium Member
3,869 Posts
I hear the new SureFire X300 is really nice, and SureFire offers a new (newer) preasure pad activation switch for their lights... I also like the Insight M3X, because it is so bright (120 lumens), but it is hard on batteries...

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
I like my Insight M3, I don't see the need for the M3X because the standard M3 is already bright enough to blind someone and is very battery efficient. Battery and lamp life are decreased with high-output lamps like the M3X's. I like the momentary and constant on toggle switch, and the light can be activated with the thumb of the supporting hand leaving your trigger finger free for the task at hand.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have the Streamlight TLR-1 on my USP 45. It seems to work very well.

Wild Bill

·
Registered
851 Posts
My personally feeling on the M3 and M3X is they are great units (as are the M6 and M6X), but I prefer LEDs over bulb type lights. I find the illumination to be more consistant, batteries last much longer and there are no worries about the unit being hot to the touch if left on for an extended period. Add to it the LEDs have less to almost no tendency to burnout versus a bulb and the choice becomes more obvious for me.

·
Registered
870 Posts
My personally feeling on the M3 and M3X is they are great units (as are the M6 and M6X), but I prefer LEDs over bulb type lights. I find the illumination to be more consistant, batteries last much longer and there are no worries about the unit being hot to the touch if left on for an extended period. Add to it the LEDs have less to almost no tendency to burnout versus a bulb and the choice becomes more obvious for me.
+1!

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Yes LEDs are way cool. I bought my friend a Surefire G2 Nitrolon with LED bulb. It runs way longer and brigther than my normal G2. Plus the LED is supposed to have very long life and is virtually unbreakable. I see no downsides to the LED technology.

What model weaponlights use LEDs? I'm pretty sure the Surefire and the Streamlight still have standard halogen bulbs.

·
Registered
851 Posts
The X200 and X300 are LED lights.

-john
Correct, and the Streamlight TLR-1 and TLR-2 are also LED. The Surefire X200 comes in an "A" model and "B" model. Both are LED with difference beam projection. The X300 is the new kid on the block.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts