HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In 1997 a local gun dealer bought 1 million dollars worth of HK and Benelli products. During the final negotiation, several one of a kind, proto-types and samples were pulled from the HK museum/archive and included in this transaction. I already own one gun from this purchase and have the appropriate letter of authenticity for insurance purposes.
I recently bought a P9S .45 from a friend of mine who purchased it from the same gun shop. I went to the gun shop about getting a similar letter for the P9S; unfortunately they have changed owners and the current owners do not have any papers from this transaction.
The gun is in mint condition probably only test fired. It has a 2 engraved above the slide stop on the left side of the slide.
How or who can I contact to get the lineage of this gun? Sorry for the long post guys but I've run out of ideas.
Chris

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll give htem a try. I'm taking some pics tonight, I'll post them tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
i have seen a few pieces that have come from the one museum with the same "2" engraved on them. HK Inc should be able to help you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The number 2 means that it was a second...not good enough for commercial sale. I'll give you 2bucks for it.

·
Registered
485 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Still trying

Do I get the record for lapsed time between posts? :) I called HK and they were no help, at this point I've lost hope...it's a shame too because this is such a beautiful gun. Here are some pics for your viewing pleasure, and if you all could think of any other way to confirm/deny the museum/archive claim I would be most appreciative. Thanks again Chris

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry about that.

·
Registered
47 Posts
John, thought late serials for P9S .45 were in the 405XXX-408XXX range
like the one I own. What do you mean by #8000 serial? The "2" above the
slide stop could mean anything.......doubltful that it would be a 'second'
designation as in inferior or reworked part. More than likely a revision or
specification change as to machining/part measurement. Definitely looked
like a facory placement and not aftermarket. Will never give up my P9S!!

·
Super Moderator
2,830 Posts
just the last part I was talking about, yes the 45's start with 40X-XXX, 8000-ish 45 produced

noticed the 84-85-ish style trigger guard, its much thicker than most the P9s's and completly covers the take down lever

John, thought late serials for P9S .45 were in the 405XXX-408XXX range
like the one I own. What do you mean by #8000 serial? The "2" above the
slide stop could mean anything.......doubltful that it would be a 'second'
designation as in inferior or reworked part. More than likely a revision or
specification change as to machining/part measurement. Definitely looked
like a facory placement and not aftermarket. Will never give up my P9S!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great guess, it's in the 407 range. Here's a copy of my 33sg1 paperwork to show you want I'm looking for.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Interesting pistola.

Sounds like you need to find an HK "old hand" who worked at HK during that time period. I have no idea how one goes about that. Maybe someone on this forum would know?

·
Registered
66 Posts
It's one of the last of the imported 45's for sure. It's stamped on the reverse slide with the Chanitilly location as opposed to Arlington. The observe side is stamped Made in W-Germany as opposed to Germany. The trigger guard being the revised style, and the 2 engraved on the obverse suggests to me that this might be a "house sample" possibly used for sales presentations. Just a thought. In any event, it's a beautiful example. [/FONT]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I love the Homer...that's what I looked like when I saw it for the first time. Thanks for the comment Flugzeug...I haven't thought about a sales pres gun...seems reasonable to me. That number 2 just looks like a factory stamp to me, if it's not who ever did it, did damn fine job.
Chris

·
Super Moderator
2,830 Posts
have seen other HK's with the 2 stamped on them, I tried(with no luck) to dig up the info at the Cult of the P7 as it was a P7 with the 2 stamped and there was talk of what it stood for.

G

·
0 Posts
This may be of some help. I just stumbled across a thread on Park Cities Tactical where this same issue was discussed a number of years ago. It seems several other owners have the same mysterious 2 on their slides. The concensus is that the slide was replaced by HK and the 2 indicates it was a factory replacement. FYI

Here's the link to the thread:

http://www.parkcitiestactical.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=001096

1 - 19 of 19 Posts