HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 262 Posts

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This question comes back every so often. So I decided to start this thread. Maybe it can became sticky.

Purpose is to collect list of trigger groups that work with HK firing pin safety, so can be used either in lower other than HK or dropped into HK lower. Looks like most M16/M4 select fire triggers work with is, so list is of mostly semi-auto triggers. Please take in mind that HK firing pin safety takes some hammer energy to disengage. Using very light trigger setup with light hammer springs can lead to light primer strikers on some brands of ammo (surplus, Russian, etc.):

ALG Defense ACT
Armalite National Match 2-stage
ATC AR-Gold Trigger (needs fitting for MR223 due to rear receiver pin location)
CMMG Gen2 2-stage
Franklin Armory Binary Firing System III (BFS III)
JP Competition Trigger
JP EZ Trigger
Geisselle HK MR556
KAC 2-stage trigger
RRA National Match 2-stage (CAUTION: Only new version with rounded hammer is compatible)
TAC-CON 3MR
Timney AR-15 Skeletonized
UHL Trigger (German made)
Wilson Combat TTU-3G and TTU-M2

I will try to update this list when new info will come in.

WARNING: Some triggers will not work properly whith HK safety from 2-stage "European" trigger (one that allows to be put on safe with hammer down). Old style HK safety or aftermarket safety may be necessary.

Remarks:

Geisselle SSF - standard model reported not to work reliably with HK416, special model required.

Reactions: HK Glaeubiger

·
Registered
94 Posts
Thanks - much appreciated.

I've emailed Geisselle but no reply for over a month :(

Jp would be easier and their customer service is very good.

Has anyone tried the UHL trigger? I can get that one easily from Germany.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UHL works, however it has wery weak hammer spring. It has problem with moderately hard primers, not to mention really hard ones (surplus and Russian ammo).

For time being I recommend either JP or Wilson Combat. I will use CMMG 2-Stage on next 3Gun match (this Sunday) just to see how it works for me, but it is heavier than JP (I use JP with "tactical" hammer spring, for positive ignition) and has longer reset.

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
Just FYI,

I had installed a Geissele SSF in one of our dept's Colt M16's some time back when we wanted a "marksman" type rifle in our inventory. I put my 416 upper on it for grins. I was getting very light primer hits with failures to fire about every 5th or 6th round. I tried my other 416 upper with this lower and was unable to get any rounds to fire as there was very light dimpling on the primer. Thus, I would not rate the stock SSF as a reliable option for the 416.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just FYI,

I had installed a Geissele SSF in one of our dept's Colt M16's some time back when we wanted a "marksman" type rifle in our inventory. I put my 416 upper on it for grins. I was getting very light primer hits with failures to fire about every 5th or 6th round. I tried my other 416 upper with this lower and was unable to get any rounds to fire as there was very light dimpling on the primer. Thus, I would not rate the stock SSF as a reliable option for the 416.
Updated. However listed were only special SSA version (that Geisselle offers for almost $400).

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Funny thing, I just heard about another trigger maker, that does not have HK compatible trigger with exactly same story, that I heard before: "Yes, we made batch of our triggers in HK version on special order for SOF unit, but we do not offer them".

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have emailed Geisselle about a month ago about triggers to MR223, but no reply and I don't think I'll get one either.

According to rumors, they make triggers for SOF units as well ;)

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Updated:

ALG Defense ACT
ATC AR-Gold Trigger (needs fitting for MR223 due to rear receiver pin location)

·
Banned
2,011 Posts
If you call them you will get Bill himself, I have called several times and he either answered the phone, or called me right back. Basically he started making them for SOF and I do not think he was ready for the explosion of civilian orders and SOF/DMR considering he answers phone himself. He probably never gets to his computer, but his triggers are A1...Just my .02

·
Banned
879 Posts
KAC two stage works.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
Will the KAC 2-Stage full auto work on a 416 lower?
Seriously there is not any sense in using one in FA gun! Get the Geissele full auto trigger for the 416. 3-5K rounds will rack up in little time out of a FA rifle. Spend a few more bucks and be done. IF it was a KAC full auto rifle I could see wanting to use their trigger but since its not there is virtually no use.

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
I can get a kac fa 2 stage but not the geissele 416 ssf. Would have preferred the geissele though.
Go with the KAC then. Just be prepaired to change out the trigger every 3k miles I mean rounds.

1 - 20 of 262 Posts