HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a P7M8 on the way and knowing little of its history, would like to replace as many of the springs as possible. I've heard that for example, the P7M8 is known to double-fire if the sear return spring is weak. Whether that's true or not, the springs aren't that expensive, and I'd like to order a set before they're unavailable.

What I don't know is which of the springs fit only the P7M8 and which fit the P7 and P7M8. Most of the springs on HKParts are listed as "P7" but I suspect many will also fit the P7M8. I found a few threads but it's still not clear which springs are shared between the platforms. I'm not asking to be spoon-fed, I'm just looking for a link to where I can figure it out on my own.

[edit] I found this http://hkp7.com/PDF/p7-techmanual.pdf but its usefulness is limited because the part numbers are different than the numbers on the HKParts site.

I found most of the springs, but don't have a sense of which of them are a "must-replace", "nice-to-have-on-hand", and "don't-bother-they-never-fail."

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, when I searched on "P7M8", most of the results were parts labeled as for the P7, so there's a bit of a leap of faith that they really are the same. I guess I was just looking for confirmation.

Regardless, I'd still like an idea of which springs are must-haves and which can be left off the list. Those little buggers add up...

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Springs I would buy,

Drop Safety Spring
Trigger Spring
Extractor Spring
Firing Pin Spring
Firing Pin Rebound Spring
Sear Lever Spring

HKparts does describe which models the springs are compatible with. Also check out Numrich.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome, thank you! Why not also the recoil spring, does it tend to last forever?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Springs are ordered. Not sure if to keep them on-hand, or just replace the old ones straight-off. Probably best to just shoot the thing and go from there.

Thanks again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts