HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The PDF file showing the new pistols talks about the "Advanced Loaded Chamber Indicator" which can be seen and felt. Where is it? What is it?

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
The PDF file showing the new pistols talks about the "Advanced Loaded Chamber Indicator" which can be seen and felt. Where is it? What is it?
Check out the details/pic on the HK USA site
http://hk-usa.com/p30_details.html

"Loaded chamber indicator
The loading state of the pistol is indicated at all times both visibly and mechanically by the loaded chamber indicator. When a round is chambered it sits proud of the top slide so it can be felt and the red indicator marking can be seen. This allows the shooter to readily recognize whether the pistol is loaded or unloaded."

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am a proud owner of the HK P30 and my firearm does not have a loaded chamber indicator as shown in Mark71's link. That link, while clearly showing a P30, shows the indicator on the left side of the chamber?! My indicator is on the right side and is VERY difficult to observe when chambered! Maybe I am misunderstanding the concept...please help a fellow rookie (myself).

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
I've not handled a loaded P30 but typically the indicator is the extractor. It pokes out a little when the round is in the chamber.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts