HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... has anyone been to any of these front range gun shows? I've never been to one, but I've been told (1) all the good deals happen before the doors even open, and (2) everything else for the public is overpriced. This true?

There's one the 27th and 28th of October in my area, just wondering if its worth the money.

Regards,
~V

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'll prob be at the 27-28th Crossroads show myself. No idea on the 'deals' thing 'cause I am just one of the public. I have no friends! :42: When shopping around for my M1a I saw that StormCrest had a SOCOM-16 for $1299 when everybody else wanted $1450 or more. I purchased my P22 from SC last summer at a Croosroads show and prices were fairly competitive. If only I had waited for the P22 w/ suppressor packages that I have seen lately...oh well. I like the shows and always enjoy the walk through even if I don't wind up buying anything.

Don't see an overabundance of HK representation at them though. Luckily my chunk'o'lead throwing tastes are pretty broad!

Byte

·
Registered
402 Posts
Ya there always good to at least walkthrough and there are some deals to be had. Allows you to handle alot of guns and try them out etc. Worth the entry fee.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Most the ammo I saw at the last one was more expensive than wal-mart and other stores. :( That's why I don't bother to go much. Mainly just go to meet 50cal people at the biyearly show @ holiday inn.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I did buy 1000 rnds for my .40 last spring. Think I paid right at $100. At that time I think Winchester white box @ Wal-mart was $11 a box. But, here's the thing, I will not buy anything from them unless I have no other choice.

I also picked up 380 rnds of the Romanian 8mm for my Yugo M24/47 for $62. Not the cheapest but it was available!

Byte

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm assuming that this ammo you guys are referring to are reloads?
Oh yeah that was for the factory reloads. At the show today I saw the same for $140. Factory new was $180/1k. Wanted some badly but just couldn't bring myself to break out the plastic. That would have been $180+3%+tax...so just under $200 by my math. Guess that really isn't so bad but I still have about 400rnds of the reloads I bought in the spring. I really don't have a problem buying the reloads again as I haven't had one single problem with the 600ish I've burned up so far. They are just the flat nosed target rounds also.

Byte

·
Registered
50 Posts
I do not even bother to go to gunshows anymore. Cranky dealers and overpriced merchandised do not make up for the admission cost. Also I get tired of browsing at tables heaped with Beanie Babies and cheap sunglasses. (Rant off :90:)

·
Registered
738 Posts
I do not even bother to go to gunshows anymore. Cranky dealers and overpriced merchandised do not make up for the admission cost. Also I get tired of browsing at tables heaped with Beanie Babies and cheap sunglasses. (Rant off :90:)
I couldn't agree with you more.
Next time there is a show, we should go to the range. My SP89 is itching for some lead.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Tanner Show this weekend

The Merchandise Mart is hosting the Tanner Gun show again this weekend. Not a very good show in my opinion, but I am in need of a few things. Ammo cans mostly, I cannot stop buying ammo. Occasionally you will see a few decently priced HK products.

·
Registered
738 Posts
All I saw were extremely overpriced HK products. And they were not taken proper care of.

The Merchandise Mart is hosting the Tanner Gun show again this weekend. Not a very good show in my opinion, but I am in need of a few things. Ammo cans mostly, I cannot stop buying ammo. Occasionally you will see a few decently priced HK products.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts