1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
> With the recent resurgence in pistol caliber carbines and SBRed handguns S&T
> is proud to announce it's first PCC class. On October 8th S&T Firearms
> Training and Consulting LLC will be holding a Pistol Caliber Carbine class
> at the Steel City Range in Bethlehem PA.
>
> This class will help you build the skills to run your PCC efficiently and
> effectively. While the emphasis will be on the HK and AR style weapons all
> PCCs are welcome. Bring out your CZ Evo, Uzi, Keltec or whatever else might
> be hiding in the safe. And yes, full auto is welcome and it's use will be
> covered.
>
> Topics covered will include:
> Safety Brief
> Fundamentals of Marksmanship/Zero, ballistics
> Gear selection, review of various weapon types
> Loading/Reloading
> Weapon transitions
> Moving and shooting
> Use of cover
> Multiple target engagement
> Full Auto techniques, use and utility
> Equipment required will include:
> PCC or SMG with sling and at least 3 spare magazines
> Handgun, holster and mag pouch for both PCC and pistol mags
> 350-400 rounds of PCC ammunition and 50 rounds of pistol ammo.
> Eye and ear protection
> Clothing for the prevailing weather conditions
> Water and lunch/snacks
> Cost is $150.00. For more information contact [email protected]

·
Registered
556 Posts
I want to do it Jay but I'm still not 100% in. Need to check on a few things before I can be sure.
@Oicani This can't be that far from you man.

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,558 Posts
Yep very close! I have it in my calendar too, but can't commit to it. I will eventually do this class.

·
I Bleed Urban Gray
2,699 Posts
Subscribed. Can't do the Oct 8 date with such short notice, but future ones would be of interest. Only 3 hrs from Baltimore....

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Joe is a good instructor, very knowledgeable about variety of firearms and techniques. Michael and I are attending this class , plus taking advantage of rare use of full auto around here, which is the biggest deal maker for me.

I may bring a few more variety of subguns for people to use if you want to, as long as you feed them beasts.
Steyr MPI81 , Hk MP5sd , Beretta PM12S

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,558 Posts
Joe is a good instructor, very knowledgeable about variety of firearms and techniques. Michael and I are attending this class , plus taking advantage of rare use of full auto around here, which is the biggest deal maker for me.

I may bring a few more variety of subguns for people to use if you want to, as long as you feed them beasts.
Steyr MPI81 , Hk MP5sd , Beretta PM12S
How did this go? Any pics to share?

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry to say Guys , but class was cancelled due to low participation , only 2 people signed up , I and a friend .
Jay

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,558 Posts
Well that sucks! Now I feel bad. I'll make it a point to attend the next one and hope Joe will consider doing it again.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Sorry to say Guys , but class was cancelled due to low participation , only 2 people signed up , I and a friend .
Jay
Sorry Jay, I did contact him to join after he canceled it. I don't know if a third that would have helped in the long run.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Hey everyone, we talked him into doing another pistol caliber carbine class again this year so we better get enough people this time!

This year it will be on October the 21st!

Here is his website. This should be plenty of time for you guys to mark your calenders so no excuses! Probably even enough time to get some Form 20s back. :)

Training

I believe the cost went up to $170 this year.

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,558 Posts
Not that I can make it, but I think part of the lack of attendance last year and perhaps this year is that it's the same weekend as the MG shoot out in Kinzers... just saying, but I really do hope you can make numbers because this will be a mostly pistol carbine class with some select fire drills.

One day I will definitely take one of Joe's classes considering he's a MP5 Master Instructor with HK's closed ITD program from back in that day.

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,558 Posts
I believe the cost went up to $170 this year.
Dan, is there a drop dead date when you can be in or out for this? Also, what class size is Joe looking for?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Dan, is there a drop dead date when you can be in or out for this? Also, what class size is Joe looking for?
I don't have an answer to that at the moment but I will ask.

On the note of the Machine Gun shoot... They have that all the time! We do not get an chance for local pistol caliber carbine training very often! I say put those rounds to better use and train with them!

·
Registered
556 Posts

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,558 Posts
Five shouldn't be too hard to get, thanks Dan! I'll try to make something happen if I can.

·
Registered
556 Posts
1 - 20 of 41 Posts