HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister's boyfriend, we'll call him Pete, just had his P2000 stolen out of his house. He had just built a large, hidden safe, but kept the P2000 in his night stand.

Don't keep your gun unlocked when you're gone. Under the mattress doesn't work, under the pillow doesn't work, in a dresser drawer doesn't work, blah, blah, blah. I actually feel like I've lost a child, here, since I'm the one that got him to purchase this gun and it's usually what we talk about.

On the plus side, now he's going to get a quick access safe and he's looking at a P30.

Also, they did some looking into all this, and the UPS driver delivered a package to the robber thinking that it was Pete's friend. The UPS driver actually remembered a good description of the guy and color and make of the car, and that it had temporary tags on it. There have been a ton of robberies in this area lately. Hopefully this will all get taken care of soon. Thumbs up for the UPS driver having a good memory.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sucks loosing guns, especially an HK!! I can't believe that guy had the balls to take deliver of a package.

The best place to have the weapon is on his person, especially if he walked into the house with the robber inside.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sucks loosing guns, especially an HK!! I can't believe that guy had the balls to take deliver of a package.

The best place to have the weapon is on his person, especially if he walked into the house with the robber inside.
Exactly. Had he shown up, things would've gotten pretty bad for sure since he doesn't carry regularly (although that may change now).

·
Registered
851 Posts
Mav: Tough break there for Pete. Living in the Big Apple, I get nervous about someone breaking in and stealing my pistols and doing God knows what with them. Definitely getting a safe soon. I think Pete needs to build a habit of locking up his gun when he's not home and then taking it out when he is. I've already started practicing a routine before I even get my safe. (nearly impossible to get a carry permit in NYC). PS: I think the hand drawn pic of the P2000 is HILARIOUS! :D

FNFNC: Can you please please PLEASE pm me a larger version of the lovely lady in your avatar?!?! :D

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Sorry to hear about the theft. I've been a victim too and now have a security system.

As a PSA for those with safes, make sure they are bolted down. While I was too lazy to bolt mine down, it was heavy enough the guy couldn't carry it out.......but he tried.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
As a PSA for those with safes, make sure they are bolted down. While I was too lazy to bolt mine down, it was heavy enough the guy couldn't carry it out.......but he tried.

+1
There have been a few break in's in my town and the guys carried out a couple safes. One with a few handguns inside.

When your not home make sure you lock them up and make sure the safe is bolted down.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Somthing that I like to do, as I can't get a heavy safe into my apartment and there are some places I cannot bring a handgun I remove the slide assembly and take that with me. HK doesn't provide replacment slides so even if he does steal the gun it's worthless, and to me, thats better than him stealing a loaded gun that is ready to fire.

·
HKPRO PRIME MINISTER
1,293 Posts
Gun theft solution and protection...

Solution to your problem....

Purchase one or two 80 lb German Shephards that would tare apart anyone who enters your house when not home...

I own two... They would destroy anyone who doesn't belong inside my home...

I had two guns stolen out of my vehicle lock box after a gun range day trip about 1.5 yrs ago... My lesson learned then was to never leave guns un-attended at any time outside the gun safe... PERIOD...

Now I have multiple protections in place...

Internet DRV Cameras and DRV recorders watching 24 / 7 in hidden places do help...

Using your brain will help out even better...

Now that HK P-2000 belongs to a thug out on the street... Karma will come around soon enough to bite him in he ASS...

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For the dogs, I've had a couple experiences with mean dogs where I've thrown 'em some meat and they turned into best friends instantly.

And for the removing the slide bit, I do that when entering a post office or someplace where it is unlawful to carry.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Somthing that I like to do, as I can't get a heavy safe into my apartment and there are some places I cannot bring a handgun I remove the slide assembly and take that with me. HK doesn't provide replacment slides so even if he does steal the gun it's worthless, and to me, thats better than him stealing a loaded gun that is ready to fire.
I have seen parts kits show up here and there from "demilled" pistols....So a replacement slide assy. can be found.But then again,I don't think a crook would go through that much trouble and time to complete a stolen gun.And that could be a way to track them down.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Solution to your problem....

I had two guns stolen out of my vehicle lock box after a gun range day trip about 1.5 yrs ago... My lesson learned then was to never leave guns un-attended at any time outside the gun safe... PERIOD...
I read an article here in Orlando about an Officer that had a UMP.45 with silencer stolen out of his vehicle lock box. Not good.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
UPS = Unbelieveable Professional Stupidity! :90:

Delivering a package to someone in, or getting out of, a vehicle (unless I did not read correctly)?
The vehicle was actually backed up to the front door, trunk open, with the door to the house open, and Pete's pick-up in the driveway. So the UPS driver just assumed it was a friend. Whoops. To be honest, I probably would've done the same thing had I been the UPS driver. I'm just glad he remembered a description!

·
Registered
538 Posts
I feel extremely lucky, 2 summers ago I had a break in .The burgler broke into my night stand were I kept my USP9.I had an airsoft gun laying on the floor on top of the box it came in, I had just bought it.The person broke into my night stand and must of thought my USP was also an airsoft ,because he took the safety off and fired a round Corbons finest through the night stand . It must have scared the crap out of him because my USP was laying on the floor were he dropped it along with my watch.I lost a basket of change, my digital camera and my PS2.He obviously left in a hurry, Thank god. I am so very lucky that my gun is not out on the street right now.Needles to say it no longer stays in the nightstand.The round bounced off a mag light in the next drawer down ,then went through my daughters first Birthday video tape , then an hierloom from my Late Grandmother before it stopped in a magazine about 5 Car magazines deep.He is so lucky after hitting that Maglight that it didnt come out of the front of the drawer and take out a leg. Gunsafes are the best way to store your guns.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts