HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new MP5-SD 120 degree locking piece which is too big to fit into my bolt carrier. The outside diameter of the tail measures 0.4330 and does not fit. I have two other locking pieces. One is a REM 115 degree and measures 0.4325 and it can be forced to fit. The other is un-marked and has been with the gun for many years so I suspect it is a German 100 degree. It measures 0.4315 and slides in easily. I suspect the carrier is the original from when the gun was a 94 but I don't know. Carrier has no marking but the bolt is HK.

Can anyone tell me the proper outside diameter of a locking piece? Anyone else have this experience where the tail is to wide to fit? Certain brands known for this?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone with an mp5 and a set of calipers? Can someone take a measurement of the outside diameter of the tail of a german made locking piece for me? thanks

·
Registered
88 Posts
I measured a brand new / unfired SP5 locking piece tail with two different sets of calipers and the tail varied from 0.4300 to 0.4315 depending upon which caliper I used and where the caliper landed on the tail section.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I measured a brand new / unfired SP5 locking piece tail with two different sets of calipers and the tail varied from 0.4300 to 0.4315 depending upon which caliper I used and where the caliper landed on the tail section.

Hope this helps.
Thanks brother. That's what I was looking for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts