HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just removed a houge grip from my 45c, could not get used to the finger bumps. After doing a search and reading about the lone wolf grip "for glocks" that folks were using on their hks I decided to try one. I went to the brownell site and discovered they come in three sizes "for glocks" which I have no experience. The middle size says it will fit the 19,23,25,29,30,32 glock. Here is the $9.99 question, Can anyone tell me if they think this is the one that will fit my 45c? Thank You!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I used the rubber decal grips on my old Tactical 45 and loved them. Which leads me to a question, does anyone know if someone makes decal grips for the Mark 23?

·
Registered
373 Posts
What about simply applying some skateboard tape or use Decal Grip panels. Those rubber slip-on things are a waste of money.
I'd be very careful with these sandpaper stick-on grips. OK I guess for competition but not for a carry weapon IMHO. I actually scratched the leather upholstery in my car when carrying a gun in an IWB with a set on. And against bare skin in the summer, they are pure agony. Never again. There is nothing wrong with a LW or Uncle Mike slip-on if it works for you. I suspect the LW that fits the G23 will also fit the poster's gun as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a USP 45c LEM with the full size G17/22 LW grip sleave on it, the sleave is a bit too long. I think the mid size (G19/23) sleave is a better fit for the USP compacts; I have one of them on my USP 40c LEM. I'll post pics of the two later today.

Sorry it took me this long. 45c is on the right. Both work fine, but I think the mid size grip feels better.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a USP 45c LEM with the full size G17/22 LW grip sleave on it, the sleave is a bit too long. I think the mid size (G19/23) sleave is a better fit for the USP compacts; I have one of them on my USP 40c LEM. I'll post pics of the two later today.

Thank you, I will look forward to the pics. I got used to the feel of the rubber so it is hard for me to change but I could not get used to the finger bumps and the palm swell of the houge. I dont want to add much more to the grip size as it is already perfect.

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
I use Decal Grip on all my USP - they rock

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Pic of two USPc's posted.
Do you have a web sight link for these Lone Wolf grips - the shop I got a set from years ago moved, and I cant locate these grips any more.

Thanks for a link/help!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I used the rubber decal grips on my old Tactical 45 and loved them. Which leads me to a question, does anyone know if someone makes decal grips for the Mark 23?

I did this with Brownells 2x12" medium grip tape.

Best thing you can do!

What i did, was take Scotch tape, and make a "mask" on the panel your trying to put grip tape on. Then outline it slowly with a permanent (skinny) marker.

After, you just put the scotch tape on the OUTSIDE (not the sticky backed side, or you'll have a reverse image of what you need.... trust me i know this personally :p) and cut it out.

This takes some time, and you have to be careful with the tape, or it'll move.

But afterwoords, this is the result. Its DOES NOT MOVE, works great with sweaty hands, and after you grip the gun: it just sticks in the position you grasped it in. You have to losen your grip to re-orient your hand, so it takes getting used to, but once your comfertable with your grip, its awesome!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the pics cws357! Always helpfull to get a visual. I had started to order them through Brownells and vapor locked at the shipping which was half the cost of the grips. I am going to try your Lone Wolf link and see if it is the same. No big deal, I will pay it if thats the way it is. I am trying to slip in a gg&g and a tlr-2 this month so I have to shop a little or it will hit the wifes radar :eek: I love the look of that tape job F22, I have to wonder if I am that talented but it is very tempting to give it a try.

·
Registered
239 Posts
My USP compact 40 wears the Glock compact size LWD grip. They're absolutely the best. I've used Hogue's they shift and slip, maybe it's my improper install, but they're not worth it to me. Pachmayr also makes a decent grip sleeve that I've used before, but I haven't seen them around quite as much as the other two. Uncle Mike's makes another, but I haven't used their grip. My vote, along with probably 20 or so of my co-workers is for the LWD sleeve.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ordered the grip direct from lone wolf dist. on friday, I requested no finger groves and the shipping was less then brownells. I am excited to try it out, I have not heard anything negative about this product.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Those LW grips look interesting. How much girth does it add to the grip. One reason I hate the hogue is because it feels like it doubles the size of the grip. Also after about two or three years they get loose and start twisting and not staying in place. A uniform rubber grip might be good. As of right now I use athletic grip tape... it works pretty good for sweat.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thanks for the idea F22, I am definitely gonna try that.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts