HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, has anyone ever made a long birdcage flashider (think M14 or SVD) in 15x1 RH? Hope this question makes sense. I'd like to put something like this on a rifle I'm building but it looks like I may have to have the gun rethreaded to 14x1 LH to do it... I wonder, could Ghillie do something like that? Thanks for the insight guys.

·
Registered
765 Posts
If you're considering rethreading, I would recommend going with a standard measurement (such as 9/16-24). That would broaden your options significantly. There are certainly options in the 14mm AK family, but a lot more in the standard measurements.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey bordercop, Thanks for the input! I will have a look around and see what I can find in that thread pattern, the reason I was thinking 14x1 LH was mostly because of a flash hider that Nodak Spus makes called the NDS-28. You can see it here at their website:

nodakspud home page.htm

·
Registered
259 Posts
One thing to consider is whether you care about the bayonet fitment or not. I don't bother with them on most of my builds but some people like the "ability". I make all my own parts and used to make a few different ones for others. These were M15x1:

These were 9/16-24:

This one is going on my HK33 build (M15x1)

In the long run you'd be better off to find someone you know that does lathe work and have one made vs. risking getting the muzzle threads crooked threading it outside of a lathe. Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Here's a +1 for Holescreek.He made an extended FH for my Vector V53 SBR.It came with a 1/2x28 AR15 FH but I needed to extend it so no gas/muzzle blast got on the Surefire weapon light I had added.I contacted several HK smiths and they were all too busy and didn't really want to mess with doing a single FH(I definately understood). I found Mike/Holescreek over on another site and he did it for me at a very reasonable price and very quick.The quality was excellant.I highly recommend him.I've been looking for somebody like Holescreek ever since we lost Kurt/KurtsKustom.Here's his work....

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Holy smokes Holecreek! Your work is beautiful! And thanks for pointing out the bayonet thing, I hadn't even thought about that, but it really isn't a consideration for me. I am wanting a slim and sexy 3ish inch, 5 or 6 slot hider, like the one on the right in your first picture, but more along the lines of a M14 hider diameter wise. If it would fit the 15x1 threads with a skirt to cover the retainer notches, that would be awesome. Of course, I think if you were to make something like that in a 4 inch model for the guys that want to cut down their guns to G3k length without doing the SBR bit (or can't), I think you might sell a few. Anyway, nice workmanship.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts