HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there with 5000+ rounds through their Grayguns worked pistols? I know 5000 rounds isn't "long term" reliability, but I didn't want to set the bar too high for responses from you guys. Anyone have any issues at all with the reliabilty of this package? I have a P30 with this package and the pistol has been flawless through 4000+ rounds. I'm considering sending my P30L and P2000 in for the same work. Anyone out there with a different experience than me thus far?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I bought my P-30 used with the RRCP already done and have put a little more than 5600 rounds through it since then. No problems noted that are the gun's fault.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
5732 live rounds, my trigger return spring broke and the gun is currently down. This is 5032 rounds after receiving the pistol from Grayguns. I have explicitely asked them not to change stock trs to keep reset positive. There is a theoretic chance that the spring may have been affected during slide release removal, but I do trust Grayguns handling springs more than I trust myself. My personal feeling that this part's failure had nothing to do with Grayguns' work. Prior to that, there were no malfunctions of any kind.

·
Premium Member
5,016 Posts
5732 live rounds, my trigger return spring broke and the gun is currently down. This is 5032 rounds after receiving the pistol from Grayguns. I have explicitely asked them not to change stock trs to keep reset positive. There is a theoretic chance that the spring may have been affected during slide release removal, but I do trust Grayguns handling springs more than I trust myself. My personal feeling that this part's failure had nothing to do with Grayguns' work. Prior to that, there were no malfunctions of any kind.
Did you take into consideration the number of dry fire's, too?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Yes, in a sense. I don't track the number of dry-fires as religiously as I do for live fire, but I make a best guess estimate based on frequency of my dry-fire practices and average number of reps. In this case it is about half to 3/4 of live fire volume. Your point is well taken, though, as trs will get worn by dry-fire as many HK and M&P users found out; that's why I indicated "5732 live rounds".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts