HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have always admired the beauty of H&K handguns. When I first shot my friend's USPC .357 SIG, I was hooked! I must admit the price tag served as the only obstacle between me and ownership. Well, fast-forward a few years and I happen to have some extra cash and am looking to make a good investment. I have been wanting to get my CCW for awhile and decided there is no better investment than one's own safety. After calling just about every gun dealer in town looking for "the gun" and being disappointed every time, I took my mother to the indoor range which also happens to be a gun shop. There she was! No, it wasn't the USP Compact. It was the P2000SK .40SW! I had decided that this would be a better fit for a devoted carry gun. The feel, the look, and most importantly, the shot was perfect! I had read some mixed reviews about the grip and the recoil, but neither seem to bother me. After 150 flawless rounds and a good cleaning, I am convinced that I have found the perfect carry gun (for someone like me at least!) After the 3 day waiting period, I went in to take her home. As the salesman was finalizing the paperwork, I took a look around. There SHE was! A gently used USPC .45! I just had to hold her! She was perfect too! It didn't take much to get me to take her home the same day too! After 50 rounds and a good cleaning I must say I think I like shooting her more than the P2000SK. She just seems much smoother despite the larger caliber. Still, I feel more comfortable carrying the P2000SK. So the bug got me! I wanted to get a good carry gun and wound up with a great carry gun and an awesome home defense weapon (the shotguns are just too cumbersome).

Well if you survived my entirely too long narrative, I just want to say that I am an excited new owner of what I think are examples of the best handgun manufacturer in the world (haven't shot the long guns...yet). It is a great feeling to live in a country in which you can still have the right to protect yourself and your family (I hope I never have to exercise that right.) I look forward to learning more about these wonderful weapons, sharing my experiences with them, and hearing about others' experiences as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts