HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been interested in HK since I first heard about the HK45 about a decade (or so it seems) ago…

Having seen Greg Bell’s superb thread on the p2k, I decided that I would buy one if a good deal came around… well it did. I found a very nice used 9mm (only shoot .45 ACP & 9mm in auto pistols) LEM p2000 with the deep impressed ‘HK’ roll mark (as opposed to the laser etched ‘HK’ that I do not care for) for $469.00 in the box with all the papers etc. They were selling some used full sized USP’s for the low $600s, so I put the pistol on ‘lay awake’ about 4.25 seconds after I saw it as I typically do not carry that kind of pocket money… :)

This is what I love about my favorite local shop- I am loyal to them, and they let me buy anything I want on their ‘extended layaway program’ which is certainly better than having to explain a credit card bill to the wife on a gun I would have bought on an impulse….

Given that the same pistol sells in the high $700s around here new, I thought I got a great deal. Not sure what the auction circuit, or the online dealers are charging, but I am one of those people who has to inspect any gun I buy with my own eyes and hands.

I’ll put some flat magazine floor plates on the mags that came with it & eventually send the slide in for hard chrome… I’ll post pics when I get it.

Pardon the novel-
Best,
M

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
You got an amazing deal! Congrats!

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
Welcome home! Great price on a great pistol!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all!

Appreciate the responses. Great group of people around here!

I have no problem waiting for the right deal, but I just lucked into this one- it would have been sold within hours had I not gone in that day..

Very pleased.
Best,
m

·
Registered
239 Posts
Welcome. There's always room for another family member at the dinner table. Don't own a 2000 myself, but have heard nothing but the best. Closest I come was with my first, a 40C. It was followed by two duty size bigger brothers in 40 and 45. Glad to see you got a deal and most of all an HK!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts