HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I placed my order for the D54p- navy kit today and I don't know about you guys, but it sure helps infuse excitement into the daily hum-drum when one has something to look forward to.

I read all the reviews I could find on not only Joe's builds, but everyone else's as well. The information that I gleaned from members on this forum proved indispensable to my decision making process and I thank all of you.

I went with Dakota for a couple of reasons, not the least of which was Joe's level of customer service and the attention to detail apparent in his work. Just as expected, Joe patiently fielded all of my novice questions and provided informative answers to each. I had no hesitation in forking over the proverbial dough to get the project rolling in Michigan.

I must confess that right after I bought the kit on HK Parts to be shipped to Joe at Dakota to build, I texted him with this: "Joe- I know its only been about an hour since I bought my kit on HK Parts.net, but can I get a status update on the progress of my build please?". I bet he was fuming but I hope he got a kick out of it as well!

I have collected mechanical watches for years and thought that hobby was expensive (and it is)! But this HK addiction problem is the worst I've encountered in quite sometime. I do look forward to hearing any suggestions from you guys on how to "dress up" my project in the works at Dakota once it is completed. Can't wait!!! and thanks again to all.

Andrew

·
Registered
10,250 Posts
Way to go... Chop will do you right... although sometimes you gotta get on him once in awhile to keep him alertn'all. :biggrin:

(Can you imagine... he sometimes slacks off to SLEEP... of all things...)

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
A true slacker...when he's sleepin.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Joe is great. He is very tolerant of the uninformed. Always willing to go the extra mile to help. Fit and finish is awsome. Just an all around A+ guy.

·
Vendor
2,037 Posts
(Can you imagine... he sometimes slacks off to SLEEP... of all things...)
Sleep? Chop? I don't know. He text'd me at 3am with a build issue/question. I was up so I called him and we had a discussion. I'm not sure he sleeps in the traditional sense...

and the reverse stretch he built for me is a sweet gun BTW.

-hh

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Joe is great. He is very tolerant of the uninformed. Always willing to go the extra mile to help. Fit and finish is awsome. Just an all around A+ guy.
I am glad Joe was able to help you get your questions answered. He is a very knowledgeable and polite individual.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts