HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Now I have to send of the paperwork so I can have it. I hate waiting!!!
BTW if anyone has done a transfer to a trust in Florida please pm me, I have some questions.

Oh and sorry for the crappy pics, all I had with me was my camera phone.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I really see what they mean about the finish on the Blackside looking more like a blueside. It doesn't look like that at all on the Gemtech website. The finish matches the gun perfectly on the website (http://www.gem-tech.com/BLACKSIDE.html)

What are your impressions on the blueish finish?

My blackside was mailed on 11/2 so hopefully my dealer will be calling tomorrow and I can go take a look at it.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Congrats sniper! I know you have been wanting and waiting for that for a while. If you can, post up some vids once you get to the range.

·
Premium Member
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really see what they mean about the finish on the Blackside looking more like a blueside. It doesn't look like that at all on the Gemtech website. The finish matches the gun perfectly on the website (http://www.gem-tech.com/BLACKSIDE.html)

What are your impressions on the blueish finish?

My blackside was mailed on 11/2 so hopefully my dealer will be calling tomorrow and I can go take a look at it.
Yeah it did look a little "dry" causing it to look greyish. I think with a little bit of gun oil it will darken up ( i wiped a little off of a gun they had in the case and it darkened). My dealer had an aac there and honestly they were practically the same greyish color.

·
Premium Member
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats sniper! I know you have been wanting and waiting for that for a while. If you can, post up some vids once you get to the range.
will do, as soon as i get that paper work back!!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Sweet! If you don't mind my asking, which local FFLSOT did you work with, and how much did they charge you? I asked the gun store I usually shop at, and they charge 200 bucks to have my Gemtech UMP suppressor transferred through them...I didn't want to say yes unless paying 200 bucks for some paper signing was normal...

·
Registered
187 Posts
Mine looks like that unless I wipe my hands over it and I would assume the oil from my hands darkens up the finish a little bit. As soon as I put 20 or so rounds through it, it turns back to grayish. Have they let you shot it yet? I'm curious what kind of reliability you'll get out of it.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Sweet! If you don't mind my asking, which local FFLSOT did you work with, and how much did they charge you? I asked the gun store I usually shop at, and they charge 200 bucks to have my Gemtech UMP suppressor transferred through them...I didn't want to say yes unless paying 200 bucks for some paper signing was normal...

My MP5K + SWR "Omega" can was transferred thru Serbu in Tampa. Cost was $100 for the first item and $50 for the 2nd (the can came with the MP5K).

I think $150 is probably on the high range. Have you checked with Shoot Straight in your area?

·
Premium Member
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I used picket weaponry in Newberry, FL (right next to Gainesville where I live). They did not charge me anything since I bought it through them. Normally it is $50 for class 3 transfers. One thing you can do is go to gunbroker.com and search dealers in your area, it should have listed several dealers in your area with the prices they charge. The average I have seen is 100 for mg and 50 for all non mg transfers.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Well, Shoot Straight is the place that wanted to charge 200 bucks, lol. Thanks for the tip, though, I'll look through gunbroker.com. :)

·
Premium Member
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, Shoot Straight is the place that wanted to charge 200 bucks, lol. Thanks for the tip, though, I'll look through gunbroker.com. :)
no problem, always here to help when I can.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I use a C2 in Orlando for my transfers. He charges $100 for title 2. If any of you want his contact info PM me. Great guy to work with.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm in Winter Park as well...and that's not the one to avoid for transfers...Shoot Straight is. :) $100 is the cheapest transfer I've heard of in Central Florida.

·
Banned
384 Posts
My Blackside is black as can be? Quiet, small, light, reliable. Sounds like junk to me. Of course all of the gemtech products are complete junk, useless junk. Just ask anyone on this site! lol

I have had multiple posts in the past where people here told me my Gemtech is loud, cheap, ugly, diabetic, polygamous, and thought to be infected with some sort of STD.

By way of testing over the last year, Ive come to doubt quite a bit I read here in the form of opinions on suppressors. If it isnt on the HK approved list from whatever year in the past, its no good. laff.

hkx3

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I do know for a fact it is slightly more quiet than my older SOS45 with booster via side by side comparison.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts