HKPRO Forums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
ATF called me today, said they needed my schedule A for the trust. I emailed to them, and thay said all right the approved form 4 is on the way. I HATE WAITING!!! I dont think the mail will be able to move any slower in the next week, or maybe the speed at which the mail travels is inversely related to the amount of my anticipation. Who knows? On a side note, let this be a lesson to all those using a trust, they are indeed requiring the schedule A for transfers now.

·
Premium Member
8,641 Posts
Sweet! If you don't mind my asking, which local FFLSOT did you work with, and how much did they charge you? I asked the gun store I usually shop at, and they charge 200 bucks to have my Gemtech UMP suppressor transferred through them...I didn't want to say yes unless paying 200 bucks for some paper signing was normal...
$200!?!?! Did that include dinner and a movie first? And I though $100 was crazy. That is robbery, what are they, a doctor or lawyer or something? I know it can vary from area to area, but in Florida I'd think you could find someone cheaper than that.

Look at the FFL list on gunbroker.com. I emailed 4 of them in my area and found one that does NFA transfers for $20, and one that won't do NFA transfers, but is only 10 minutes from my house and will do non-NFA transfers for $10. There were some that wanted $100, but they were the exception and not the rule.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts