HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings fellow H&Kers.

While at my local Gun Shop, I wanted to see if I could get a green laser to fit on my new HK45. Sure enough, the Viridian SXD Green Laser fits, looks and functions like a champ.

Heres a pix:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome. This is my 4th H&K. My first was a VP70Z a few years ago, then bought a USP Compact about 2-3 years ago, then a P2KS, and now this HK45. Love H&Ks. They are extremely accurate and reliable.

Happy shooting.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
What is the advantage to green lasers over red?
You can see green better than red.

I don't work or sell for these guys, I was just real impressed with the green laser on a past visit. On a whim, today, when I picked up my HK45, I asked to see if we could fit one to my gun, and sure enough, the one for the Springfield XD fit perfectly, as they dont make one specifically for the H&K. Check out www.viridiangreenlaser.com They have some demo pix to show the difference.

Was on the range today with my HK45 and this laser. Pretty cool.....

Happy Shooting

·
Registered
37 Posts
You can see green better than red.

I don't work or sell for these guys, I was just real impressed with the green laser on a past visit. On a whim, today, when I picked up my HK45, I asked to see if we could fit one to my gun, and sure enough, the one for the Springfield XD fit perfectly, as they dont make one specifically for the H&K. Check out www.viridiangreenlaser.com They have some demo pix to show the difference.

Was on the range today with my HK45 and this laser. Pretty cool.....

Happy Shooting
Thanks for the info. I have been looking for a laser that will fit all my guns for practicing with. I will definately have to look into a green one.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The laser will help you see how steady or unsteady your hand is.....
That is exactly why I like practicing with them. The other thing they are helpful with is muscle memory when it comes to pulling the gun up and firing without really looking at the sights.

·
Registered
224 Posts
That is exactly why I like practicing with them. The other thing they are helpful with is muscle memory when it comes to pulling the gun up and firing without really looking at the sights.
I never though about that. That is a good point!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Does anyone know if you can outfit the Viridian laser sight with a pressure switch? I like the green hi-vis, but am really looking for a configuration that works better with my grip and hand position. Otherwise I may be forced to go with Insight or Streamlight light/laser combo.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Does anyone know if you can outfit the Viridian laser sight with a pressure switch? I like the green hi-vis, but am really looking for a configuration that works better with my grip and hand position. Otherwise I may be forced to go with Insight or Streamlight light/laser combo.
I dont think you can. However, the switch is ambidexterous (one on each side) right at the edge of the trigger guard. Just a reach and tap with the trigger finger and the laser is on.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I don't know what Mw that green laser is - but I picked up one in 2006 for my PS90 - the damn thing was so bright I had to get rid of it. If you looked at the dot on the wall and you were closer than about 7 yards, it hurt your eyes just to see the dot. It also lit up a dark room like a flashlight.

It was kewl for outdoors - in the sun, I could see it over 100 yards away, and at night, it was good to over 1000 yards (I tested it to 800 yards and it was easily visible).

But, I got rid of it because, at the time, I didn't want a laser I could only use outside.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Green Laser

What is the advantage to green lasers over red?
The color green is in the spectral range that the eye's rods and cones are most sensitive to. In fact, in B&W photography, it is imperative that you use a reflected light reading from "green" (or an incident reading) to correctly expose normal monochrome film. This is also why the night vision implements use green and we lose all color information in low light. The things we can see in a dark room at night are usually those that have green pigment in them and reflect light at an intensity lower than that where we can see color, but at which we can detect shape. When outdoor light is bright, red sensitivity is diminished and it is difficult to see a projected red image, but in low light, our eyes are more likely to detect a red dot.
Terry

·
Premium Member
1,850 Posts
I don't know what Mw that green laser is - but I picked up one in 2006 for my PS90 - the damn thing was so bright I had to get rid of it. If you looked at the dot on the wall and you were closer than about 7 yards, it hurt your eyes just to see the dot. It also lit up a dark room like a flashlight.

It was kewl for outdoors - in the sun, I could see it over 100 yards away, and at night, it was good to over 1000 yards (I tested it to 800 yards and it was easily visible).

But, I got rid of it because, at the time, I didn't want a laser I could only use outside.

What laser was this?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The Viridian Laser is 5MW.

I dont see where the green laser differs from the red, with respect to giving away your position. Both tend to show the entire beam.

Again, I use this laser more as a training aid.

Happy shooting.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts