HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been waiting on DSArms for a year, and want to finish my SBR. Sucks to get the stamp back, and have no freaking stock:(

·
Registered
229 Posts
I gave my Google-Fu a try and came up empty brother, but if I had my stamp in hand I'd buy a Choate folder for cheap just to have SOMETHING while I waited. That's just me though....

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
How USP, did you BUILD a stock?! I like.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Choate SP89/MP5K steel endplate with buffer. It has holes in it for cap head machine screws and GSG stock with end milled off and bolted on. Total cost around $110.00
Impressive!

·
Registered
6,409 Posts
In total agreement. Looks as good as my B&T, in my opinion.
If it has the Choate metal end cap, it is probably better than the B&T.

I have both and the Choate is stronger.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I broke down and got the newer choate...:(

·
Registered
229 Posts
Any particular reason why not Praetorian? I'm in the planning phase of a K-PDW build so I'd be curious to hear opinions for or against various stock options out there

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
I like the standard choate except it doesn't lock closed very well. That's my only complaint.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Any particular reason why not Praetorian? I'm in the planning phase of a K-PDW build so I'd be curious to hear opinions for or against various stock options out there
Are you asking why I didn't like the earlier design? If so, I just don't like the way it looks plus the new design is LOP adjustable and has several sling attachment points and IMHO just looks better. Oh, lock up is tight too Fordemti.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Hmm. May need to get one then.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Are you asking why I didn't like the earlier design? If so, I just don't like the way it looks plus the new design is LOP adjustable and has several sling attachment points and IMHO just looks better. Oh, lock up is tight too Fordemti.
^THAT^
Yes exactly I was interested in details. I personally like the simplistic lines of the original design compared to the new model, BUT I can see a very sound argument for the adjustable LOP being of considerable benefit. The lockup is important to especially in a K-PDW where you're easily apt to need a functioning firearm with the stock closed until you can get to a position to transition it to the open position (IE oh **** get to cover!!!) That being said does the new design interfere with ejection at all in the closed position? Now I can only speculate what you mean about multiple sling attachment points but do you mean the little ring/circles in the corners of the skeletonized area of the stock? Doesn't seem particularly convenient or stout to me if so, so if I'm just an ignorant moron please say so and school me.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
No interference with ejection but are you going to shoot with it folded? You can if need be though. The rings are sling attachments but I use the steel sling attachment located next to the locking latch because it is usable when the stock is folded.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Well yes to be honest I would shoot it with the stock folded.....just because I can hahahaha. Also I should think the standard K sling point on the end cap (next to the latch) would be the most utilitarian place for it and I don't really see using anything but a single point sling on a K either so I guess I'm less concerned with sling options. Maybe I'll get a chance to go to a shoot and "test drive" both style of stock before I make a choice on my build.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.