HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be used for concealed carry. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Two singles are generally better than one double mag carrier. Most double mag carriers do not provide individual retention for each mag. Some double mag carriers make a a good grip and smooth draw on the rearmost mag very difficult. If I was stuck on getting a double mag carrier, I would probably go with Hoffners. For single mag carriers, I would recommend iShot, Ready Tactical, or Kytac.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Single V. Doubles---

Choochboost is right on the money. Two singles side by side are also much more compact than doubles, and offer some options as to placement to facilitate comfort or easy access.

HTH;

ARKAY

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,395 Posts
Fobus 9/40 double stack paddle carrier. Their holsters might not be the best (although my USPc rides perfectly in one), their mag carriers are way cool for the price. But get the paddle!
I was just about to say that! I use Fobus mag carriers at the range all the time! For the price, can't be beat!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Comp-Tac! If they make it for your gun, it's the best you can get. Slightly better than Bladetech (I've had a lot of both) AND they tell you it might take 1.5 weeks, but you usually get it the same week. With cheerful Texan service and very reasonable pricing. Bladetech products are very good, and the service is good, but the lead-time and pricing are ... painful! Comp-Tac mag carriers are easy on/off, stable, secure, and perfect workmanship.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Comp-Tac! If they make it for your gun, it's the best you can get. Slightly better than Bladetech (I've had a lot of both) AND they tell you it might take 1.5 weeks, but you usually get it the same week. With cheerful Texan service and very reasonable pricing. Bladetech products are very good, and the service is good, but the lead-time and pricing are ... painful! Comp-Tac mag carriers are easy on/off, stable, secure, and perfect workmanship.
BIG +1! Comp-Tac makes the BEST kydex holsters and accessories on the market and their customer serive is second to none.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I have a couple blackhawk ones I like. But those comp tac ones look nice! I like the beltfeed.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
+1 on CompTac. A actualy use an M13 pouch for my P2kSK mags, works flawlessly.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Not to pick a fight with those recommending Comp-Tac, but for the sake of comparison, I am a huge Comp-Tac holster fan (I have something like 10 of them), but I do not like their mag pouches.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Two singles are generally better than one double mag carrier. Most double mag carriers do not provide individual retention for each mag. Some double mag carriers make a a good grip and smooth draw on the rearmost mag very difficult. If I was stuck on getting a double mag carrier, I would probably go with Hoffners. For single mag carriers, I would recommend iShot, Ready Tactical, or Kytac.
I love the Kytac and Ready Tactical stuff.
I have Kytac holsters and mag carriers for 1911,Glock and Beretta Elite II and love them. I just hate the wait after you order them. It took 4 Months to get my last holster and carriers.
I've managed to break 2 Ready Tactical paddle holsters. I've had better luck with the carriers!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I use mag carriers from comp-tac. Very good quality stuff. You can adjust the tension on each mag. I think they make one that holds 4 for competition also

1 - 13 of 13 Posts