HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find a good tactical light for my HK45. Need some ideas.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Here's a pic with the X200. Surefire has the X300 out now. Don't know the difference but I think they're the same size wise.

·
Registered
64 Posts
a TLR1 is very effective and only costs $100.
My recommendation as well...80 lumen LED with 6+ hours battery life -- strong aluminum tube, excellent CS....

·
Registered
870 Posts
I agree. In the next 2 weeks my tactical will have a surefire X300 on it!!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
surefire X200/X300 without question.
+1

I've used the X200 for years. Can't break the damn thing. It's reliable, durable, and bright. With the use of their DG switch (pic later tonight) it's extremely easy to use- just grip the gun and squeeze. You'll also be happy to know the DG switch for the USP works just fine on the HK45.

The only thing I'll replace it with is the X300...mostly 'cause it's almost two times brighter and will accept the same switch.

I've had the same Surefire Z2 for more years than I care to admit, and would have had a rechargeable 6P for longer than that if I hadn't lost the damn thing scuffling with someone.

Surefire rocks! :350:

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I would go with the Surefire X300. 110 lumens for around 2.4 hours according to the website. I have the X200 and have no problems. I have no experiance with the TLR's.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Surefire X200/300. I am getting the X300 when my dealer gets one. I currently have the X200 and it is awesome. So far it's the only light that I can use on the HK45 in a Safariland duty holster.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I prefer the Streamlight M3X

-125 lumen
-Water proof
-Shock proof
-Quick on/off with lots of accessories
-Looks good

·
Registered
600 Posts
You may also try the Streamlight TLR-1 or TLR-2 (lite/laser). It is more affordable than the very nice Surefire lights.

·
Registered
224 Posts
not to mention its gigantic! The X200 is half its size. Looks great on the AK but to big IMO on a pistol.
I don't see why there is an issue with size. If you are using it on the pistols you are using it on the pistol. If you have it in a holster made to fit the gun+light then the holster will be able to fit gun+light.

Why does it matter if it is bigger? I don't see a problem with it. ??

The toggle switch is very easy to operate and has momentary or constant activation. The best part about it is how extremely bright this light is. It allows you to see targets at great distances. It is a fine light, just like the X2000

ETA here are a few more pics

On the beretta

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have the Blackhawk Xiphos on mine. Small LED. Easy switch and quick on/off. It also has the strobe mode which is nice. I saw a good segment on that last night on Personal Defense TV. Basically, if someone is shining a strobe at you in the dark you can't tell if they are moving toward or away from you.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I probably going to get the surefire everyone, thanks for the help.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts