HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Art Neergaard here from ShootingSight. I make after-market 2-stage triggers for various rifles. Everything is 100% CNC machined billet tool steel - the best you can get. I make triggers for TAVOR, SCAR, M14, SIG556, ARX-100, about to launch AR-15, and a couple of others. Recently, I started thinking about the MP5 as a 'general platform' opportunity. I say 'general', because I do not know what that means exactly. To me, MP5 is a ubiquitous term that sort of describes a bunch of models, calibers, maybe even some rifles. I get that MP is Machine Pistol, and G is Gewehr. But are the trigger groups the same? Are there clones that interchange? Are there models that are very popular, and others that are not?
I have heard that ambi is the way to go, though is the difference just in the safety selector itself? As far as I can tell, there are 4 safety selectors - long/short for plastic vs metal housings, and then ambi/left. Granted, there are select and auto options, but I am not looking to accommodate those yet.

What are people's thoughts as to if/where there is a market opportunity.

THanks,

Art Neergaard
ShootingSight llc

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It will NOT be a burst - single shot only, but it will be a 2-stage trigger with a crisp break at around 4.5lb. Kind of like a high end AR trigger.

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Me personally I would like to see a S/A rifle ambi trigger that is two stage (2.5 lbs and 2 lbs final stage) for roller lock rifles. It appears you know very little about the roller lock family, so I will make a quick intro. All HK 9' series roller locks and now days clones and or licensed copies use basically the same trigger assemblies but have different hammer springs and ejectors. Many people use the rifle caliber hammer springs in their MP5 (9mm, 40 or 10mm). The ejector can be changed in two minutes to move the trigger assembly to another caliber. I think your market would be for rifles in this platform. Many of us would like a semi auto, ambi, two stage trigger for our roller lock rifles.

Please keep us posted. I love the American Inovational Spirit!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts