HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,
I'm looking for a company that supplies metal alloy or aluminium floorplates for the p2000. Recently I was told by my instructor that we use sk mags in our p2000. I should note that in Canada even in the security realm that we are stuck with 10rnd mags. I read an article that I cannot find that Blue Creek Tool makes metal floorplates, and I cannot find anything on the net! We currently have approx. 700 pistols x3 mags in use with about 2-3 floor plates busting from dropped mags per week. Any help would be greatly appreciated:350: :350: :350:

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
First off, let me say hello to another fellow Canadian :D What part are ya from?

With that many magazines, i would say your best bet is to get a machine shop, or a casting/foudry to make a bunch... thats 2100 floor plates... more than enough to be fairly cost effective. Something like investment cast alluminum would probably be the best.

Scooter may be along to give more insight, or he may not.... But i would find a place that does metal or alluminum castings, and ask how much a 2100 (or more) unit run of small castings would be

Not many, if any at all, places provide third party floor plates for HK guns... theres a few that have extended capacity floor plates, although they are only for the USP high-caps IIRC.

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,393 Posts
I read in a gun magazine one day that there was a company making metal base plates for USP compact. Since USP and P2000 use the same mags....

Try a Google search.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Unlike the 13 rounders, you've got very complicated baseplates on the 10 round mags. I don't think aluminum castings will work because I think the "legs" of the baseplate need to be springy.

Instead of re-engineering the baseplates themselves, maybe a better approach might be bolstering their existing design by adding a flat plate of say 3/16th aluminum to the bottoms of them in order to provide some armor against hard droppages.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I read in a gun magazine one day that there was a company making metal base plates for USP compact. Since USP and P2000 use the same mags....

Try a Google search.
Blue Creek Tool in OH was making them a while back, but their website went down about the time I was going to order some.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lifetime Warranty???

Given the sheer numbers you're talking about, I'm fairly certain these pistols were bought under some sort of LARGE government contract...one that H&K would surely like to renew when the time comes.

Has H&K made any attempt to rectify the situation? I would presume with the dollars involved in the original purchase, they would go so far as to supply replacements free of charge, negating the need to send back each and every broken mag.

I'm interested to see the outcome of your connundrum.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Given the sheer numbers you're talking about, I'm fairly certain these pistols were bought under some sort of LARGE government contract...one that H&K would surely like to renew when the time comes.

Has H&K made any attempt to rectify the situation? I would presume with the dollars involved in the original purchase, they would go so far as to supply replacements free of charge, negating the need to send back each and every broken mag.

I think the problem is, not that HK isn't replacing them, but they are replacing them with the SAME things that have broken before.

The little "ears" on the floor plate break very easily (this is a problem with all the neutered capacity mags) and unless you have something stronger than the plastic used, its going to keep happening.

Now again, with what i said about having the casting done, im sure there are grades of alluminum, or brass even (if you want a heavier drop-free mag) that are flexible enough and strong enough to hold up a lot better than plastic ones.

One thing i cant understand, is why HK didn't make the spring holder portion of the floor plate skinnier, and have the ears on the floor plate much thicker. The plastic only needs to flex a 1/32 of an inch or so, and you could have the ears 3 times as thick and still flex enough.

G

·
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Lifetime Garantee

I was told that it lasts for 15 years. I was also told that U.S. Homeland security ordered approx. 65000 p2000's (version 2). The same pistol I work with in Canada except they will probably have normal capacity mags. This means that for my buddies down south that there will be alot more third parties making parts for the p2000 in short order. The problem I have to fix is the breakages we have even with the garantee, because apparently we use the mag bodies of the compact version with modified floorplates of the sub-compact. I will try to post pics of the breakages. I must take the time to thank everyone for there ideas, and help with my first thread, and behaviour!:100000: :100000: :100000:

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Oh by the way, I'm in Qebec, part of the brave anglophones that didn't flee!
Your are absolutely correct as with replacing poor parts with the same poor parts!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts