HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to send a factory HK94 in for a MP5F conversion. Picked up a factory mp5 kit and it happened to be a MP5F. Sooo.........I have two 94's one with an ID date code in 98% condition and a "doj" with a KB date code in 98% (I hand picked it and it is original and not refinished). I am trying to make up my mind on which one to convert and will probably end up selling the other. I was leaning toward converting the KB since the date code is closer to when the F series were released and figured the ID would command a higher price for resale...... but now I am thinking of converting the ID due to the fact that I am going to keep it and dont have plans of ever selling the mp5f conversion. Stupid dilemma but figured a few of you out there can relate. Not interested with using the kit on clone receiver. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,833 Posts
You did not mention, but I am assuming the DOJ is marked? Bottom line is I would build on the 94 rifle that will sell in it's current configuration for the least amount. I would build on the DOJ because the market thinks there is something wrong with them. I have built several on DOJ rifles because they sell for the least in there original configuration. As far as trying to match up the original 94 date code to the MP5 parts kit to some that is important, but to the majority it is just cool but not willing to pay more. Collectors will pay more for the date match, but if you are going to shoot it then forget the collecting and safe queen stuff.

My two cents

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
Convert the DOJ...because the anti-gun nuts in California would be horrified to know what they enabled!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Dont forget that the KB is a post ban gun I believe (someone correct me if I am wrong) so you would need to make it compliant with US parts if you SBR.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Dont forget that the KB is a post ban gun I believe (someone correct me if I am wrong) so you would need to make it compliant with US parts if you SBR.
That's what I thought as well. Otherwise, why would they not command the same premium as the pre-ban 94's.

Best,

TC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts