HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I'm looking for Sear Host Gun that is also reliable & cost effective (am I asking too much?).

I saw these two Coharie Arms auction on GB and thought I should ask expert's opinion from HKpro.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=87611908

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=87611589

They're both around $1K and the price is very attractive...
I know both guns came from that "Great man" but I thought I should ask you guys about the recent productions.
thanks in advance! :)

P.S. since I owned the sear I don't have to register these weapons when I mount the stock, etc as long as I take the stock out after sear removal...right?

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
The second one is being sold as an NFA weapon (AOW) so you will have to register it to take pocession. The first one would save you the trouble and you'd just return it to its original configuration when the sear was not in it.

The general concensus is that the newest CAs are pretty good right out of the box. But you'd still need to replace the bolt carrier for FA.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
I have a CA-94 copy of the HK94. After changing out select parts I have not had one failure in roughly 1300 rounds, it is accurate, much less expensive that HK and I have to say again damn reliable.

I hardly clean this weapon and it still functions without problems.

For the record my Vector V89 is just as reliable but nothing beats the MP5-A3 with the surefire 628.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I have a CA-94 copy of the HK94. After changing out select parts I have not had one failure in roughly 1300 rounds, it is accurate, much less expensive that HK and I have to say again damn reliable.

I hardly clean this weapon and it still functions without problems.

For the record my Vector V89 is just as reliable but nothing beats the MP5-A3 with the surefire 628.
I second that. But, I clean mine quite often.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I have an MP5K-PDW that has over 10,000 rounds......it functions flawlessly. I would take it in any situation and feel safe with it. It has been fired over 4,500 rounds in a training course without being cleaned and it had no problems.

Rock solid.....

·
Registered
179 Posts
there is nothing like an HK. If you are going to pony up for a sear, spend the extra for a real host....at least one...

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hkinak,
Is that real HK MP5K-PDW or clone? If clone then which brand?

HK_mtbr, thanks for your comment!
I had 2 SP89 & 3 HK94 before… the problem was that they’re so “beautiful” and acutally ended up just taking up space in my safe.
I just want some practical sear host gun that I could actually “drop” it and not cry about it. :)

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I had 2 SP89 & 3 HK94 before…
With that extensive a prior HK ownership it sounds like you're pretty well versed in the diferences between them and clones. It sounds like a clone may suit your needs better than an HK factory unit. Just be ready for the possibilty of "issues". Since you're local I'll be glad to help in any way.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks Edman99! we should get together and shoot one day!
What do you have in your HK arsenal? :)

·
Registered
611 Posts
My MP5K-PDW is a SBR that was built by Capital Armory from a SW kit.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Go with the Coharie. I have spoken with a local shop that has made them sear hosts and they reported they ran without a hitch.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Get a SW, Coharie or what ever, take the junk parts out of it and relace it with RIM COUNTRY MANUFACTURING bolts, locking peice and carrier......it will run like a champ. Im at 5,000 rnds and not a single jam or issue, before i got the RIM parts i couldnt go 2 mags without jams. No need to buy HK when you can buy AMERICAN made quality, with great customer service, the parts really are HK quality or better, tungsten filled and all, same specs, look great!

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
Go with the Coharie. I have spoken with a local shop that has made them sear hosts and they reported they ran without a hitch.
I hope he was taking a long time to make up his mind because you posted this 1.4 years after the OP.

:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts