HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a VP 70 Z that I picked up a pawn shop back in 1993, looking for some detail on the gun.
I have found a lot of info on the gun, so I know have some general knowledge about the gun, but any insight as to where I could find some specific info on the particular weapon would be appreciated.
I did notice that most of the VP 70 Z have engraved on the right hand side of the barrel, HK INC CHANTILLY VA, but mine has HK INC ARL VA 22201 on the barrel.

Is there someplace that I can get manufacture date from?

In the time I have had it, I have put thru 50 rounds.

Thanks.

·
Registered
628 Posts
For the date code look for two letters on the slide, like my HK45 has BB for 2011. Your VP70 should have one that starts with either an H, I, or K.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For the date code look for two letters on the slide, like my HK45 has BB for 2011. Your VP70 should have one that starts with either an H, I, or K.
On the right hand side, beneath what I always have considered the serial number, 79741, there is, right to left, a small design with a N below it, then IB with something that looks like a flame after it.
This same number, design and the N, are on the actual slide on the left side.

Is there anything to the Chantilly v. Arl Va on the slide?

·
Registered
539 Posts
IB means 1981

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IB means 1981
Is there any value on this gun, beyond being a 30yr old handgun that would make it collectable?
I never knew that the VP was the first polymer hand gun, to me it was a gun that fit me better than a Glock, been used a protection while camping and just all around target shooting.
Any idea what it could be worth ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts