HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I posted this in the noobies forum and then thought probably not the best place to put it to get some complete answers, though I did get one that was pretty handy, I am not inclined to modify the weapons myself as I am always worried I'll break an expensive piece and have to basically buy the gun again.

Sorry guys, when I copied this post to put it here none of the links followed. Here is the original post in the other forum that has actual links to all the parts I have listed in this message, might want to follow it and click to see these mods themselves. This whole thing is the link to the original post :) Again, MUCH thanks for input!

I am looking to get a new stock for my PTR91. I currently have the old Tapco G3 collapsible stock (Haven't been made in years, PTR mus still have a few cause my model came with one) and while it works, it has a wobble and I'm not fond of. I have read some forum posts that tell ya to put a little piece of Velcro tape on the inside and that will fix it right up but, which I will do, but I'd like to get another adjustable stock as well.

I have been looking at the PRS2™ Precision-Adjustable Stock – G3 Model. I have a few questions on that. First off, was there ever just a PRS model before the PRS2? because I found one listed on Amazon called Magpul PRS G3 Sniper Stock, Black. It looks identical to the PRS2 model on the Magpul webpage, but it's cheaper of course. So I wanted to know if they are indeed the same stock of if the one on Amazon is a previous version. I have a feeling they are the same but figured I would ask you all that have been watching and using these parts longer than myself.

Another question on the PRS2 is, are these stocks good? Made of metal, stable, do they rattle? etc...

Next questions is, what would be another good stock to get for the rifle. I'm not interested in the Paratrooper models, or the folding stock models. I was considering the standard HK91 stock as an option and then I saw the HK91, G3, PTR91 Clubfoot Stock and figured I would ask what advantages / disadvantages does that stock have over the standard Fixed Stock? Weight? Recoil reduction because it has a larger pad? You can even get a model with a heavy pad. Anything else?

Then I look at the Magpul and I see the HK German PSG-1 Rear Stock Complete and I am like wow that nice, but it's almost $900 ($884.95)! Compared to the $225 for the Magpul. Why the difference? Is the German one more adjustable, solid metal? Just because it's made in Germany?

So, what is a good, adjustable stock or even a fixed stock for a PTR91 that's going to be engaging targets between 100-4/500 Meters? One that I don't need a modify stuff to get to work.

I read about adapters to get AR stocks to mount onto the G3 rifles, even emailed a few of the companies for more info, clarification of what all parts I needed to get to use an AR stock on a G3, never got a response. Example: (HK91RB) Ace HK 91 Receiver Block, or (PN) Ace CAR-15 Stock Block, Pig Nose, or (HMR) Hammer Stock w/ M4-7 Tube & Strike Buttplate, that all sounds pretty sweet! Pop on the first on, maybe the second, not sure on that one, get the Hammer Stock and you're good to go, or are you?

Can I use the first adapter to use another choice of AR tube stock if I wanted, like the Magpul UBR Combat Collapsible Storage Stock? Or could I use one and two and then use a Magpul AR CTR® Carbine Stock – Commercial-Spec Model?

What about other more custom options like the HK91RB plus the Ace CAR-15 Stock Block and a HK-AR Semi-Auto Lowers from Fleming Firearms or HK-AR Semi-Auto Clipped & Pinned Lower from Fleming Firearms and get a Hogue Rubber Grip Ar-15/M-16 Rubber Grip Black with Storage Kit and a Magpul Alum Enhanced Trigger, Black and then put on a FosTecH DefendAR-15 and start rocking it like that as an option.

Would that even work? I'd do that just to get the Defender-AR15 on my PTR91 not cause Full-Auto isn't fun, just expensive for .308 ammo. But three round burst legally would be interesting.

So would love some info on what is a good adjustable stock to replace my Tapco G3 one is or a breakdown of the Magpul PRS vs PRS2 (was there ever a PRS only?). What does the Clubfoot offer over the standard fixed stock? Can I get those Ace adapters and fit on the HK-AR and components and actually fit one of the FosTecH Defender-AR on it?

Thanks guys, really been scratching my head on this stuff.

Overcon

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Related: looking for experiential reviews of Choate or Magpul M4 type stocks on a 93.
...any thoughts, opinions, tips and or tricks?

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
The Magpul stock is very solid and stable, easy to adjust.. what you need to do is have a mission parameter for this gun.. will it be a DMR/home defense heavy hitter/daily truck gun/versatile battle rifle/range fun gun, etc

I have a PTR 91 DMR, 18 inch heavy barrel with the MagPul stock, three claws with night vision/Eotech + tip off 7x magnifier/Springfield 3 x 9 day scope. This rifle has a 50 rd drum, 43 rd stick and multiple 30 rd mags, plus of course a huge pile of 20 rders

I also have an A3 GI PTR 91 with the German A3 stock, as a far handier battle rifle, with a 1 x 12 Countersniper scope on one claw and another with Eotech with tip off 7 x magnifier. As soon as I can swing it this rifle will have a thermal sight on another claw. This rifle has a few 30 rders and a zillion 20 rders for company

What do you envision actually doing with your rifle?

Ghillie is building me a 32 PDW right now, next year he's going to build me a 93 rifle.. I can't imagine putting any stock on it other than the A3 I'm hoarding for it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts