HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping for a little help/direction from the Pro’s here. I had/have my heart set on a P30L V1. The reason I was leaning towards the V1 is I’ve read so many bad things about HK’s double/single action triggers. Are they really that bad? Next the HK45 and the HK45CT is also currently peaking my interest. Does having the O-Ring Barrel affect accuracy significantly and if so why didn’t HK build the P30 the same way? Which would you buy as your first HK and why? Just looking for some direction and thoughts from individuals a little more knowledgeable than I. I’ve been shooting handguns for my whole life 51+ years to include 23 years in the armed forces so I’m not a newbie but I’ve not owned an HK until now. That's about to change. (Usage would be home defense and maybe some IPSC and IDPA).
Thank you very much.

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
I don't find the double action trigger to be much worse than other modern double action triggers out there... that being said, I carry my HK45 condition 1, I obviously prefer the single aciton trigger of the HK45 which is a very nice trigger for an out of the box gun. I can't say for certain, but I've read several people on here state the HK45 (& compact) trigger is better than other HK triggers? I can't say this for certain...

the o-ring barrel is in place to provide a constant lock up between the barrel and the slide, thus improving consistency/accuracy.. that said, it is likely not perceivable.... I can't recall why it was not included on the P30?

as for which one? If you don't have a definite caliber preference (personal preference), then I'd go fondle each, and find the one that fits you best. If possible, I'd shoot them, and find the one that fits your hand best and you shoot consistently. If you're not set on the threaded barrel, etc. (or have no actual use for it), then HK45ct you're paying extra for. The standard HK45c would serve as a great concealed carry/home defense gun.. If concealed carry is not an issue, then either of the two full size handguns will serve you well.

good luck

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
HK triggers are not "bad" at all. The only people I ever hear complaining about them are people who don't like anything but a 1911 trigger, or just dont have much time shooting hand guns (i.e. they shoot hundreds of rounds, not thousands). People wouldn't "know" that HK's are super accurate without being able to shoot them accurately. if HK's triggers sucked that bad, people would not be shooting them more accuratly than Glocks or other guns.

That all said. I have a P30 and several of the HK45(c) variants, and I like the triggers better in the HK45 series. the fullsize HK45 has, IMO, the best trigger on any of the USP series, and that includes the tactical. I have heard that the P30L trigger may be better than the regular P30 trigger, but i have not tried one. I decided after a range session today that my HK45 will be my new competition gun.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Anyone who says HK triggers are straight up bad don't know what they are talking about. They may not have the 1911 feel. But an HK is NOT A 1911. 2 very different guns. I love my HK trigger. It's a match trigger, but it's still made by HK. I don't' mind they standard trigger either. Haven't tried the LEM though.

99999 Thats awesome competing with the HK45!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hoping for a little help/direction from the Pro’s here. I had/have my heart set on a P30L V1. The reason I was leaning towards the V1 is I’ve read so many bad things about HK’s double/single action triggers. Are they really that bad?
There's nothing wrong with HK DA/SA triggers, per se. They aren't fantastic, but they aren't bad, either. Better than CZ, not as good as Sig. The nicest thing about HK triggers is, when you squeeze them, the gun goes bang.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
The fullsize HK45 has, IMO, the best trigger on any of the USP series, and that includes the tactical.

I'll second that. The HK45 series got it all right. I have no issues with my P30's, but prefer the LEM trigger, but that is just me. On the HK45 everything just feels right. I have seen some folks say they think there is a lot of difference in the P series triggers even within a variant. I can't make any claims to that, but I can say that the HK45 and HHK45C are in (almost) every way superior in the USP series which were already very good, and IMO superior to the P30 and P2000 series.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have dry fired one a couple of times . it was ok, definitely not superior to a usp hybrid lem/match. YMMV

·
Registered
737 Posts
9mm...

·
Super Moderator
6,045 Posts
There's nothing wrong with HK DA/SA triggers, per se. They aren't fantastic, but they aren't bad, either. Better than CZ, not as good as Sig. The nicest thing about HK triggers is, when you squeeze them, the gun goes bang.

This. Any trigger takes getting used to. I have to do it when I switch between my USP and HK45. I will say though that the LEM is where you are going to see the biggest difference in trigger feel. The HK45 series and usp series have the best LEM triggers. The P30's and P2000's are longer both on pull and reset.

The HK45 does have a very nice stock trigger IMO. I am picking up an HK45c after I complete my weapons instructor schools, so I can give feed back on which is better of the two. The P30 and P30L in 9mm are on my list, but I am not made of money.(I also have a mustang........not a good combo for my bank account)

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Buy the P30L and the .45ct. I enjoy my HK45 but shoot my 1911 more because the HK45 is such a beautiful gun. Once I get my 45ct, I don't think the full size will be shot much at all.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Hoping for a little help/direction from the Pro’s here. I had/have my heart set on a P30L V1. The reason I was leaning towards the V1 is I’ve read so many bad things about HK’s double/single action triggers. Are they really that bad? Next the HK45 and the HK45CT is also currently peaking my interest. Does having the O-Ring Barrel affect accuracy significantly and if so why didn’t HK build the P30 the same way? Which would you buy as your first HK and why? Just looking for some direction and thoughts from individuals a little more knowledgeable than I. I’ve been shooting handguns for my whole life 51+ years to include 23 years in the armed forces so I’m not a newbie but I’ve not owned an HK until now. That's about to change. (Usage would be home defense and maybe some IPSC and IDPA).

Thank you very much.
The overall consensus seems to me to be that most people love the HK45 Compact the best out of the three pistols you mentioned. I've never heard anyone complain aboiut the HK45 Compact that I can think of. I have read a number of complaints about the P30 and the HK45 however. As for the o-ring, it is really a non-issue. There is no discernible difference with or without it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The HK45C definitely has the shortest reset of the 3. I love the 15rds of my P30s but it's still hard to let go of the big holes made by the HK45c.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts