HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased the HK45 a few months ago and absolutely fell in love with the brand to the point where I really don't consider any other brand going forward. I obtained my CWP using the HK45 and feel that something a bit smaller in barrel length would be more comfortable as an EDC. I want to stay with the .45 ACP and am looking for inputs from the community on what HK is regarded as the most popular model.
Thanks ahead of time!
G

·
Registered
81 Posts
if you're deadset on 45 ACP, and you like the HK45, then you should really try the HK45c.

if thats too big, the next closest thing is the p30sk, i'd recommend 9mm for capacity. I dont actually know if they make one in 40, they def dont make one in 45.

if you're open to strikers... then vp9sk will treat you right.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have a 45CT that I love. However if I could go back I’d get a USP45c honestly. The slick grip on the 45C is ridiculous for something that was designed to be a fighting handgun imo. It can be fixed with a stipple job, Talon Grips or a cheap bicycle inner tube which is what I currently use. The only Pros I see are the 45c is able to accept a light (Tlr7 sub) without an adapter and it’s a smoother design that may slightly help with concealment. The USPc has a far superior grip and looks sexier imo . Both are fantastic and very similar guns that have drawbacks you’d have to choose between (45c slick grip or USPc proprietary light rail and more “jagged” profile)
9BEABE06-2754-45F1-B943-8CCF6DAB9C28.png

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I have a 45CT that I love. However if I could go back I’d get a USP45c honestly. The slick grip on the 45C is ridiculous for something that was designed to be a fighting handgun imo. It can be fixed with a stipple job, Talon Grips or a cheap bicycle inner tube which is what I currently use. The only Pros I see are the 45c is able to accept a light (Tlr7 sub) without an adapter and it’s a smoother design that may slightly help with concealment. The USPc has a far superior grip and looks sexier imo . Both are fantastic and very similar guns that have drawbacks you’d have to choose between (45c slick grip or USPc proprietary light rail and more “jagged” profile)
View attachment 296689
Or this😁. Got one of those too. Hard to not love it!!! I do happen to shoot my Hk45c and but better though. My USPC.45 tends to group a tad low for me most days. Not bad, just low.

·
Registered
606 Posts
If I was forced to pick between them... Most days the USP45 would beat the HK45 and the HK45c would beat the USP45c. For carry, the HK45c is my pick hands-down as it is more comfortable and concealable than the USP45c.

As far as using the .45 ACP, the only thing I would suggest is to ensure you have a healthy amount of ammo to practice with; carrying a gun is pointless if you can't hit what you are aiming at and the HK45c has noticeably more recoil than the HK45. Some folks will preach about things such as capacity and split times but at the end of the day, it comes down to training, ability, and mindset. If you want more ammo and like the .45 ACP round, just add another magazine to your carry setup. But hey, that's just my opinion. I'm sure some member of the Church of 9mm will be along shortly in an attempt to dissuade you from carrying a .45.

Me personally, I carry a P2000 70% of the time because I like the size and balance. I also carry a VP9sk and an HK45c and I consider all three excellent carry options.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
If I was forced to pick between them... Most days the USP45 would beat the HK45 and the HK45c would beat the USP45c. For carry, the HK45c is my pick hands-down as it is more comfortable and concealable than the USP45c.

As far as using the .45 ACP, the only thing I would suggest is to ensure you have a healthy amount of ammo to practice with; carrying a gun is pointless if you can't hit what you are aiming at and the HK45c has noticeably more recoil than the HK45. Some folks will preach about things such as capacity and split times but at the end of the day, it comes down to training, ability, and mindset. If you want more ammo and like the .45 ACP round, just add another magazine to your carry setup. But hey, that's just my opinion. I'm sure some member of the Church of 9mm will be along shortly in an attempt to dissuade you from carrying a .45.

Me personally, I carry a P2000 70% of the time because I like the size and balance. I also carry a VP9sk and an HK45c and I consider all three excellent carry options.
YES!!!!!! +1 on everything you just said.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Also, for those interested, HK45c mags that have been hard to find in recent months are currently in-stock at HKUSA...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hk45c for another .45. If you want to stay with the .4’s. I would also suggest the p2000 V2 LEM in .40 S&W. The p2000sk in .40 is very nice too
The pair have certainly made me happy. The P2000 hasn't managed to kick the HK45C out of my carry holster yet, but it's got a chance.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I get ya. They are both excellent weapons! Each has their positives for sure. Almost zero negatives. For ME the p2000 just carries a bit better due to my body.
It is a bit smaller and, frankly, feels better in the hand. I need more time on the LEM trigger and I've always had trouble justifying .40 over my more well known .45. The P2000 is still quite new to me, so there's lots of room for improvement.

Gonna shoot them both again today, continue my comparison.

·
Registered
81 Posts
plus, the 45c just looks ****in sweet. Sometimes that **** matters

I know I've barely stopped myself from buying one several times just cuz I would never use it outside of the range. I also want the tactical one mostly because of looks, but I know I would never go through the NFA process, so I'll never get a suppressor, especially for a pistol

·
Registered
606 Posts
plus, the 45c just looks *in sweet. Sometimes that * matters

I know I've barely stopped myself from buying one several times just cuz I would never use it outside of the range. I also want the tactical one mostly because of looks, but I know I would never go through the NFA process, so I'll never get a suppressor, especially for a pistol
You say you would never use it outside of the range... I said that when I got my 45CT and now it's in my carry rotation and I want a standard 45C without the raised sights and threaded barrel to use for that purpose... Shooting is believing. ;)

Also, I love a good 1911, but it would never be my primary carry gun in .45 ACP. I do occasionally carry my Delta Elite in the woods though! :)

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
plus, the 45c just looks *in sweet. Sometimes that * matters

I actually bet you’d find yourself carrying it at times! It’s really not that big with the right belt-holster and clothing. Especially in fall and winter!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I like my 45c well enough, but have found it to be much less comfortable in my hands than my other guns. I have smaller hands, so maybe that's the issue. Not really sure. It just feels like I have to reach my trigger finger a bit more than any other gun I own. Interestingly, my Walther PPQ 45 is infinitely more comfortable to grip and shoot and it's a larger gun. I'm considering selling the 45c and looking for a P2000sk. It's all ODG and pretty rare, so I'll have to really think on it. I just know it'll never be a carry weapon for me between the comfort and the color.....don't want to scuff it up. :)

·
Registered
723 Posts
I bought an HK45C. The super slick grip and the just barely a tad too short grip made me sell it.
What happened next? Well, I wanted it back, so I actually bought TWO more. As much as I told myself I could look past the aforementioned shortcomings (because it truly is a fantastic pistol) I decided that I wouldn’t compromise anything in a carry gun. They were both sold soon after.
So, I went back to my P2kSk in .40.
Have the full size HK45 and love it.

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,994 Posts
Our rules are very clear: There is no versus discussion in terms of non-HK brands. And with due respect and sympathy, off topic discussion has been removed.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts