HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so after working a lot with the HK45 and totally loving the platform I am now wanting to get an HK to replace my PPS M2. I found that after extensive practice with the HK45 moving to the controls on the PPS took a few seconds to readjust and would prefer to have something very similar in controls but at least as close to the PPS as possible in size while maintaining the same HK45 controls. The only real answer I had was the P30SK. This would be my go to for most of my conceal carry.

Now my question is should I just buy the standard version with the orange sights which would be the same as my HK45 or should i spend the extra 100 dollars for the "LE" version which includes the night sights? I actually have never really bought night sights for any of my weapons. I have always been less than impressed with their performance when at the gun shop under the lights or at the range in bright light so I never really bothered with them. I guess if they where night sights with contrasting colors from front to back or a different configuration I probably would buy them but I just feel having 3 dots all the same color/shape at night could make it difficult to line up in the correct order.. but I am jumping to conclusions without any real practice in use. Just looking at some opinions from guys who bought the night sights on their HK from the factory and how you feel about them?

Want to get a little input on this or any other impressions people have from the p30sk before my purchase. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hand Held 1000-Lumen Flashlight in weak hand, handgun in strong hand. A 20-second charge of night sights with the 1000 lumen hand held is impressive enough, but is it really practical...? It depends.

I have seen pricing on the P30SK LEM V1 as low as $499.00 on CDNN that usually occurs just after Christmas.

The 1000 Lumen hand held flashlight is where I would spend my $100 dollars...such as the Nitecore
P12

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually always use a light mounted on my rail when my guns are home. The only benefit I could see is when I would have to deploy the firearm while away from home in darkness beyond point blank range where I would have to line up my shot. At super close range muscle memory is enough to put rounds on target even if I had my eyes literally closed I could hit a man sized target. Although if people like the sights even in daylight I may spring for em.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Night Sights are totally personal preference.
The LE gun is well worth the money if you're into Meprolights.
Did get the P30SK LE V1 myself.
But ended up swapping out the Meps for Heinie Straight Eights.
That's what I run on my HK45c as well.
USPT45 has adjustable Meps.
USP Elite has adjustable Mep rear with Novak red fiber optic front.
Most of my other Hks run Big Dots.
Go Figure... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
152 Posts
To answer the original question, LE definitely. I love mine.

Mags are running around $43.XX for the finger rest version at Top Gun Supply. Night Sights are probably $80-$100 installed. The Tru-Dots that HK installs are fine.

In all, you'll save time and a little money having HK install night Sights professionally and get an extra mag.

The time, cost and hassle of getting an extra mag shipped plus finding someone to do night sights.........get the "LE".

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I have Trijicon HDs, TFX Pros and a few with factory installed Mepros. The more I use them the more I like the Meps.
TFX Pro are sweet, the HDs are also nice, but taller and the rear one is kind of sharp.

The factory super luminova hold a charge fairly long, but tritium sure is nice, so if not going aftermarket, I'd splurge on the LE version

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have the VI without night sights. I will be adding Triji HD sights very soon. They are great sights night or day! Buy Orange.

Also, get a mag extension from HKParts. It makes it a lot more comfortable.

Great EDC gun!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hand Held 1000-Lumen Flashlight in weak hand, handgun in strong hand. A 20-second charge of night sights with the 1000 lumen hand held is impressive enough, but is it really practical...? It depends.

I have seen pricing on the P30SK LEM V1 as low as $499.00 on CDNN that usually occurs just after Christmas.

The 1000 Lumen hand held flashlight is where I would spend my $100 dollars...such as the Nitecore
P12
Don't agree with the above but to each his own...always best to shoot two handed, therefore optimal performance is with NS and rail mounted light. Spring for the LE- finding someone to install them later will be a pain. There's a reason most (if not all) law enforcement run NS. Good luck!

·
Registered
402 Posts
I would get night sights that also have fiber optic in them so they are bright during day. You get the best of both worlds.

I am a fan of weapon mounted lights if you have to have one for target identification in low light. Yes they attract bullets but very few people have enough training to one hand the pistol and or hold it in the off hand effectively with the gun. People will claim they do but have never gone to range and tried it on the move. Its better to use your weapon mounted light sparingly to reduce your signature as much as possible in a bad situation. Most Mil/LE run the light on the gun cause they do most training holding the gun the same way so why compromise all the training by having to learn another technique at night.

Something like this.
https://www.truglo.com/firearms-handgun/brite-site-tfx-pro-handgun-sights.asp

·
Registered
290 Posts
P30SK Lem standard sights. Nightsights make no sense to me. Will have to be relatively dark to see the tritium glow and I am
Not shooting at something I can't see unless it's shooting at me. Everyone has a light and most anywhere there is some ambient light. The standard luminous sights can be seen better in lighted conditions as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
The Meps on LE versions look just like normal white 3-dot sights under daylight. They are on my nightstand VP9 but my P30sk has standard luminescent. Honestly at the range there's little difference in ease of using the sights.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you guys for the input. So I decided that I am going to get the standard sights and possibly upgrade in the future to the sights with that are hybrid fiber optic/ night sights seem to really be something I would want to at least try. So I will save my extra money for them rather than on plain green meps. Either way I am getting a P30SK so really as long as the gun comes with the sights I am going to be super happy. Placed my order and now waiting for shipping.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
I would get night sights that also have fiber optic in them so they are bright during day. You get the best of both worlds.

I am a fan of weapon mounted lights if you have to have one for target identification in low light. Yes they attract bullets but very few people have enough training to one hand the pistol and or hold it in the off hand effectively with the gun. People will claim they do but have never gone to range and tried it on the move. Its better to use your weapon mounted light sparingly to reduce your signature as much as possible in a bad situation. Most Mil/LE run the light on the gun cause they do most training holding the gun the same way so why compromise all the training by having to learn another technique at night.

Something like this.
https://www.truglo.com/firearms-handgun/brite-site-tfx-pro-handgun-sights.asp
I've got TFX Pro sights on my not to be named non-hk gun.
They really are outstanding :biggrin:

·
Registered
18 Posts
i like mepro night sights, so to me the LE package is a no brainer especially if it's for carry. the extra $100 is well worth it seeing as the mag alone is well over $40.

·
Registered
8 Posts
To answer the original question, LE definitely. I love mine.

Mags are running around $43.XX for the finger rest version at Top Gun Supply. Night Sights are probably $80-$100 installed. The Tru-Dots that HK installs are fine.

In all, you'll save time and a little money having HK install night Sights professionally and get an extra mag.

The time, cost and hassle of getting an extra mag shipped plus finding someone to do night sights.........get the "LE".
I second this opinion get the LE.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts