HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear HK is one of the bets guns out there I am getting ready to graduate from my police academy and I am looking for an off duty weapon. I am torn between the Glock and the HK. I've been to several shooting ranges and nobody seems to have an HK to fire. I was just wondering what are the benefits of the HK as opposed to the Glock.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I hear HK is one of the bets guns out there I am getting ready to graduate from my police academy and I am looking for an off duty weapon. I am torn between the Glock and the HK. I've been to several shooting ranges and nobody seems to have an HK to fire. I was just wondering what are the benefits of the HK as opposed to the Glock.
The primary difference to me is the way it feels in your hand. Glocks do what they're supposed to do. They are just uncomfortable and just don't fit me.

Where are you located? Somebody may let you put some rounds down range with their HK.

·
Banned
61 Posts
one piece of advice would be try to stick with the same type of system you will carry on duty. That being said HK is awsome and the P2000 sk make for a nice concealable piece!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I'm located in MD in Baltimore County. I also hear HK doesn't have a lot of recoil in the .40. Is that true? I will be carrying a sig pro 2340 .40

·
Banned
61 Posts
the frame composition helps out a lot on many of the HK handguns as far as recoil. I know that my range scores go down a bit after working with one gun and then switching to another trigger system. Not to say I don't have Glocks, HK's and 1911's. I just like to keep duty and off-duty with the same type of systems. Remember that in a stress situation, you will revert back to your training.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm located in MD in Baltimore County. I also hear HK doesn't have a lot of recoil in the .40. Is that true? I will be carrying a sig pro 2340 .40
I also have a Sig Pro 2022 in .40. IMO, the Sig recoils similarly in .40 to the USP. I think that since the Sig has a more contoured grip thus, fitting my hand better, recoil is slightly less distracting. In neither weapon is the recoil bad. The .40 is just a very snappy round.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
The best way I can describe it without getting into opinions and argue over opinions. Set the two side by side. Take the two apart and look at the components, and internals. Answer this question: Which one of these would I bet my life on? My answer is HK.

·
Registered
27 Posts
i agree with sticking to similar weapon system on duty as well as off duty. My wife carries glocks and i carry hk's we have access to each others weapons but we stick to the same because its what we're used to shooting. kinda like having an automatic tranny at work but drive a stick off work, every once in a while you'll miss a gear.....

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
^Or kick the brake pedal...

I have to agree about getting things similar. I have a USPt 45 and a Para Ordnance p12 LDA. While the p12 is interesting to shoot,i would never carry it, it is nothing like my USP that I shoot all the time.

Good luck with your search, I'm sure you'll find something that suits you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts