HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have spent the last 2 years reviewing only one H&K pistol on my channel. The VP9 is getting to be a tired old design for me. The hammer fired pistols have always been the top notch performers in my hands. I am looking at any type of pistol. Has to be 9mm though. So USP full size or compact, p2000 or p2000sk, p30 or p30L or p30sk. help!!!

·
Premium Member
1,938 Posts
I have spent the last 2 years reviewing only one H&K pistol on my channel. The VP9 is getting to be a tired old design for me. The hammer fired pistols have always been the top notch performers in my hands. I am looking at any type of pistol. Has to be 9mm though. So USP full size or compact, p2000 or p2000sk, p30 or p30L or p30sk. help!!!
Many many choices. It just depends on your preference of gun design, grip size, gun size.

For me, I felt the P9S with its glass rod trigger break and the USP Expert and USP Elite 9mm match trigger design allowed me to shoot like a pro. I would've added the P30 and its interchangeable grip size design but I never warmed to it's trigger even after a Bill Springfield trigger mod.

Whatever floats your boat.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I personally would go with the P30L if you can only have one. It has great ergos accurate reliable and has a modern rail for lights etc. If you want to hell and back reliability and a better trigger, get the USP. It is larger and you will need adapters for lights etc.

That being said the P30L is more than durable unless you plan on shooting 100Ks of rounds.

·
Registered
258 Posts
For me it would come down to personal ergonomics, how each gun fits and feels in the hand, trigger preference, and manual of arms preference. Same as already said. The P30, USP, and P2000 series are all highly reliable and durable with very good combat accuracy.

For example the P9S I had probably had me shooting the most precisely of any HK I've had, so it worked very well with my hands for precision, but overall I did not enjoy the ergonomics (slide-mounted safety, heel magazine release, and the overall grip feel) so I sold it. Totally individual.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Well I don't know if this will help much as we all have our own choices due to many factors. I have a USPc and a P2000sk both in .9mm. Carry them both all the time, not at same time! I shoot better with the USPc but the small P2ksk is so easy to carry. As I have told others go find a place where you can not only hold it but shoot it. It is well worth the $$ to do that as the final choice you make might even surprise you. Good luck and you can't go wrong with HK.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just bought a P30sk v1 lem from CDNN for 499.00, their prices are pretty good and it is an outstanding carry gun. Love that gun.

I am probably going to get a P30L in 40 and convert to 357sig for ****s and giggles.

Jordan

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
Help? We need to know what role the pistol will be deployed in. Pretty wide range of pistols for different roles.
Full size USP or P Series are without equal. The Compact versions work well in CCW roles...all depends.
Decide the role to narrow your candidates.
Let us know what you buy!

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
734 Posts
My vote would be any and all of the P-Series due to ergo's, consistency between each platform and commonality of magazines.

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
My carry buddies. USP is V9

·
Registered
150 Posts
The VP9 is a great pistol, however I found it to be a range weapon instead of CCW mainly because it's too risky to holster with one in the chamber. I would go USP or USPc a proven tough reliable pistol that has options to meet nearly any demand

·
Registered
734 Posts
Hey, Crocodile Dundee called and wants his knife back! Wholly Hell! Very nice.

My carry buddies. USP is V9

1 - 20 of 48 Posts