HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, first off I'm new here and my name is Brandon. I'm from Texas and this will possibly be my first pistol.

I know HK is a pretty high end brand and from what I've seen over the years on Gunbroker, they command on average 500-600 used. That said, I walked into a local Pawn shop today and saw a USP sitting on the mantle marked $479. I was there looking for swivel sockets and ended up looking at this fine USP.

Anyways, I'm going to try and go back tomorrow and see about haggling with them and seeing if I can't get OTD for at least $400. That said, what all can you guys tell me about stuff to look for and things to be weary of when buying from a Pawn Shop. Thanks!:350:

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'd say the obvious wear and abuse marks like rust or pitting, cracks in the slide, frame or barrel. Largely if the weapon was taken care of, these won't be present. The stated price is not bad, I'd buy it as is, maybe they will do it out the door for that cost, fees included. That'd be a solid deal, providing the condition is good. What's the two digit (letter) date code, it tells you when the HK was made? Does it have glow-in-the-dark night sights? How many mags are included and what capacity are they? Don't know if you mentioned or not, is it black "HE" finished or stainless? I also missed the caliber, 45s cost a bit more than 40s or 9mm, so that would make it worth a bit more. All these factors add to the value of the weapon.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well right now, all it has is a hard case and a single mag. I checked the slide and frame over for damage/rust and there isn't a bit of corrosion etc. on it. It was surprisingly clean for a pawn shop gun. The slide action is very smooth and it wasn't too hard to release. I'll look at the date code today.

·
Registered
173 Posts
first off welcome! that seems to be a fair price if the gun is in good shape. it sounds like it is from what you say. as 230 pointed out look at the date code that can tell you some things about the gun. as far as problems or things to look for on a usp there is not alot that hasn't been said so far, weak mag springs truely are about the only concern with any usp that has had alot of rounds thru it, mag springs are vary easy and cheap to change, but if it only has one mag you will probably want at least one more. look at cdnn for mags they have alot in stock and if you buy one high cap mag you get a ten rounder for free.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts