HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a VP9 with the Meprolights installed, but I'm tired of how low this pistol shoots compared to others. It's to the point that I have to change my sight picture just to make the hits I need to. I'm looking at replacing the sights with something that will allow a more conventional sight picture while maintaining the tritium inserts. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
I have a VP9 with the Meprolights installed, but I'm tired of how low this pistol shoots compared to others. It's to the point that I have to change my sight picture just to make the hits I need to. I'm looking at replacing the sights with something that will allow a more conventional sight picture while maintaining the tritium inserts. Any suggestions?
Heinie Straight Eights give a more conventional sight picture for me.
I'm running them on my HK45c and P30SK.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm really enjoying the factory tru dot sights that came on my LE. They're not crazy bright but I kind of like them for that reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
The tru dot that came on my P30sk are great but I think the trijicon are a little easier to use in my humble opinion. Good luck and let us know what you decide.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Trijicon HD rear sights are pretty sharp and can cut into your clothing or skin so if you plan to carry, do some research.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
If you don't like POA=POI you're going to have to most likely mix/match sights with different heights to get a lollipop sight picture.

I like the Meps, I also have Trijicon HDs (very sharp rear sight, and not that great past 25 yds for accuracy) and TFX Pros....

When Trijicon HD XR available might be worth a look, but that rear sight can bite you.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I don't have a set of these yet, but they are definitely my next buy. HD's would be my next on list.

TRUGLO® TFX™ Pro Tritium Fiber-Optic

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
i saw the new HDs with the thinner front sight, and i really loved the look
i have regular HDs, TFX Pros, and 10-8 and dawson red fiber front/blank rears, and i felt like buying a new gun today just so i could install the new thinner HDs
:)

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I don't have a set of these yet, but they are definitely my next buy. HD's would be my next on list.

TRUGLO® TFX™ Pro Tritium Fiber-Optic
You're going to like them, my new favorites....I'm thinking of calling Trijicon to see if can just get the new XR front sight, but will be sticking with Meps and TFX Pros for most part.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
So given the ability to customize and the price, I've settled on a Dawson Precision blacked out rear with tritium front sight. Dawson recommends the .270" tall rear sight with the .155" tall front sight. Just to be sure for those who use the recommended Dawson setup, will it give the POI in sight image number two below? (That is, POI is at the top of the front sight, not the dot as in number 3). Because number 2 is what I want.

Attachments

·
Registered
348 Posts
Yup, it is.
The sights are expensive and sometimes hard to get.
Had to special order my P30sk sights directly from Heinie.
Will Heinie take a special order for a style of sight you want, or only what's offered on their product page? I really want a set of Heinie 3-dots in their "ledge" style sight. But all I've ever seen offered on their website for HK are slantpro straigh 8s.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts