HKPRO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my check back from Wade - seems their mold builder never started the mold for the receivers. Quite nice of him to return payments. Dang lousy of the mold builder to drop the ball.
Got many of the parts already - hope this gets done before the hildabeast gets in.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Bummer, I was looking forward to that too. I wondered why Wade never cashed my check . I had collected enough parts to build one, and was starting to collect parts for a second one. Guess I will look for my check back next week.

Ed at HDPS is also making a USC/UMP receiver, so maybe I will see how that project goes.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I don't know how much of this I'd attribute to a supplier-side problem and how much I'd look at Wade's brother Todd leaving the business. He posted on hk-54 a while back that he was greatly reducing his time spent in "the gun business" and moving on to another line of work.

I think this is his new line of work.

·
Premium Member
2,599 Posts
You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!!!!

That link is SCARY!!!!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
TODD AND WENDY

OK, THATS THEIR NAME ALRIGHT, BUT i dont think thats the new line of work. todd had previously told us that he was leaving the gun business to do some contract work on helicpters. im thinking that the couple shown on the bible web site is a coincidence and not the real gun guy and his wife. if anyone has info i'd like to hear it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yeah.... I was also disapointed when I received a letter explaining the situation along with my M/O. Oh well.... Does anyone have any info on the HDPS pistol receivers? I thought I read somewhere that they were going to be metal instead of plastic. Any info?
TC

·
Registered
52 Posts
coharie arms

todd has told us on HK54.com that CA will continue to build metal mp5 variants until the plastic multiple weapons system/ar15 look alike, is up and running. then CA will likely shut down the metal gun production all together in favor of the MWS. I dont understand it, but thats the word from him. they are pumping out guns as fast as they can make them, but supply is short and demand high, so get one while you can. he has further said he would NEVER sell the dies so that someone else could carry on the business, and in fact he had mentioned he would destroy them upon quitting. that was simply ludicrous, as the market for the guns will continue to rise. i dont understand why he would prefer the plastic gun (my interpretation) over the mp5 variant. i dont believe the MWS will have a strong following, but i could be wrong. i hope the best for him, but feel left out in the snow. no hard feelings.

·
Registered
864 Posts
The mcs is delayed, maybe scrapped altogether. I dont know what is going on over there at all anymore. I find it completely unbelievable that he would scrap the tooling. I find it completely unbelievable that he would scrap the metal guns at all. These guns have been selling under multiple different names from different companies and people in the same circle all supplied by the same guy for years. Every company has an approximate life cycle of a year to two years with little to no overlap. SW, bobcat, vector, coharie...four names, eight years of business...i know there is a year or two gap in there but you get the idea. I have always felt that there was a forced implication that these weapons might be limited too so that their value could go up. Every last clone started life in the 950-1100 dollar range and ended up costing 1600 dollars by shut down. Just my thought...no one with a brain shuts down a profitable business unless it becomes unprofitable.

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts
OK, I'm gonna just close this thread down for right now--subject to being opened up by another mod/admin--for the fact that it has really become more about a subject matter that's not allowed here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.