HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my new P2000SK LEM, but haven't had a chance to take it to the range yet. I was wondering, is the ambi-slide release lever supposed to be a bit loose on the right side of the gun? The gun is new from the factory, but I am not used to having loose parts on any of my handguns. The main slide release lever on the left side of the gun that it is attached to is tight, like on my USP, but the lever on the right side is loose enough that it moves up and down a little bit when you turn the gun over and it rattles a little if you shake the gun. Seems to moove a little more when it is loaded with a round chambered.

I am hoping this is normal. Thanks.

·
Registered
108 Posts
It's normal. Do a search and you'll find a lot of posts about this with the most of the HK's excluding the USP line. The best solution I've seen posted is putting a small piece of black electrical shrink wrap tubing on the arm of the lever. You'll find it when you do a search.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I have an HK45. The slide release wasn't loose on the right side but I simply removed it off of the gun. It has no affect on the function at all. This may be another route you could follow if you dont use the slide release. Otherwise it is normal like Sage1 stated.

·
Registered
129 Posts
My P2000SK had the same issue. I simply changed out the same Right Slide Release Lever with my HK45C and now both pistols are fine. Neither one rattles.

You can also try elicrical shrink tubing, archery moleskin, or just a dab of heavy grease on the splines.

The HK part is #209268 on both pistols. There is probably some tolerance stacking because not all the HK pistols with this part rattle.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My P2000SK had the same issue. I simply changed out the same Right Slide Release Lever with my HK45C and now both pistols are fine. Neither one rattles....

There is probably some tolerance stacking because not all the HK pistols with this part rattle.
You inspired me.

I had replaced the Levers on my P2000SK with the slim levers and had a VERY noisy right side lever on my 45C. Thinking you are right about tolerance stacking I tried the lever I had removed from my P2000SK on the 45C and eureka - 98% of the noise is gone with that lever.

So you are exactly right - there are enough tolerance differences from lever to lever and frame to frame that some combinations will be noisy and some - not so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts