HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a nearly new HK45C, with about 300 rounds downrange. The last time I shot it, the roll pin that locates the mag release bar fell out. When it was replaced by a gunsmith, it fell out again. It is obviously very loose.
What is the best solution to this problem? I'm really hoping it is not something out of character with this expensive handgun, like bending the roll pin ;<).
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I'm gonna get all crazy and suggest a new roll pin.

ETA. Like Montrala said below, Call HK and they should send you a new pin. You shouldn't need a 'smith to put it in. If it doesn't go in tight and stay then there's a problem with the frame and needs to go back to HK.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
This is not normal. HK uses spiral roll pins, that sit very tight and do not have tendency to walk out. Call HK Customer Service.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Not disputing anyones word here, but I swear lookin at the ends of my 2011 HK USP .45 Tac., they look like coil pins, are the HK's different...
Which did the GS put back it, a spiral split roll pin, or a coil roll pin...??? Don't take my word, as I am pretty new to HK, but not guns in Gen. ...
Have a good one...Tater2...

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
First I would try a brand new roll pin.

If that falls out, then the hole in the frame that the pin is located within is too large.

Is it possible someone attempted to remove the release using too large of a punch, thus widening the hole and causing the pin to fit too loosely?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, guys. I have looked more closely at the pin, and it is a spiral coil pin, not a simple roll pin. My mistake, sorry.
A local smith relocated the pin for me one more time. If it walks out again I'll send it to HK for repair.
Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts