HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title explains, when I brought my new 45c to the range and popped its inaugural 100 rounds, I noticed the slide release would loosen out ever so slightly after each shot. I use a thumbs forward grip so my thumb rides it. I felt a tiny bit of play and when I would grip the gun and press my left thumb into the slide release, I was able to press it in ever so slightly. Is this normal?

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Mine does the same thing, seems to be no way to get rid of the play. My lgs said it should be ok

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
my slide release on my USP .45 has a very tiny bit of play in it from time to time. I push it in and sometimes theres a small click and then I usually don't notice it again for a month or two. My gun has run flawlessly though and its not something I would worry about. It's not going to come loose

·
Registered
54 Posts
As does mine.

I never noticed this at the range but I can see a little bit of left-to-right play now, and it's logical to expect the slide release to walk a little bit during the recoil of firing. I also shoot thumbs forward but am trying to develop the discipline of not interfering too much with the slide release - the 45C certainly puts your left thumb on the slide release but I have a little fear of preventing it from locking the slide open on an empty magazine - though that never happened when I was shooting.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
first off i love my hk45c. now w the this little problem , has anyone had the elephant foot mag pop out a lil while firing, it has happened a couple of times to me at the range once when sighting in my viridian w it resting on the table and again when i have my hand underneath it for support, now i adjusted my grip seems to b ok anyone else had this happen, and i didnt bump the release either.

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
has anyone had the elephant foot mag pop out a lil while firing...and i didnt bump the release either.
Either the mag came out or not, what does "pop out a lil" mean?

If the mag dropped, you hit the release; even if you did not realize it. Especially when you say that an adjustment of grip stopped the issue, I would say you are hitting the release.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.