HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got down to FL this morning and set out for the range. I really wanted to practice with the USP 45c but the SP5K got the better of me. I put around 500 rounds down range and just could not put it down. It is such a soft shooter and runs perfect. The factory sights were spot on at 25yd. It got quite a bit of attention also. The RO was really impressed as well as a guy who has a Zenith? I don't think thats quite right but the name was close. We shot them both side by side and the HK was quite a bit smoother. He thought it cycled a little faster but I couldn't tell. The 124gr MEN ammo from Germany ran great and is very clean. I am going to find more mags for it Monday I hope.

I am going back with the USP tomorrow and 500 rounds of ammo. I am going to try and learn the trigger. If I can't get the hang of it are there options to convert it to a more standard trigger?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Glad you liked the SP5K.
Yes, there are many trigger options for USPs.
I believe Too Sixy, or another senior gmember has a guide to the types posted.
Which version is your USP 45? (Version 1, version 7, etc.)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad you liked the SP5K.
Yes, there are many trigger options for USPs.
I believe Too Sixy, or another senior gmember has a guide to the types posted.
Which version is your USP 45? (Version 1, version 7, etc.)
It's a dao or lem trigger. I dont know what version that is.

·
Registered
88 Posts
It's a dao or lem trigger. I dont know what version that is.
Probably Version 7.
I would work with that trigger for a while; LEM is outstanding, particularly in the USP platform. At some point, you may also want to try the Match Hybrid LEM trigger, which is the favorite HK trigger period to many users.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Probably Version 7.
I would work with that trigger for a while; LEM is outstanding, particularly in the USP platform. At some point, you may also want to try the Match Hybrid LEM trigger, which is the favorite HK trigger period to many users.
I'm not one to give up easy. I really want this to be my carry gun.

·
Registered
332 Posts
made my last layaway payment tuesday on my sp5k . hope it makes it to my FFL dealer before the last minute Christmas rush next week . i've already got my SB tactical brace and 1000 rds ready to go . btw the USPc 45 is my CCW, never leave home without, definitely looking forward to $hit n a lot of lead next range visit .

congrats on your new weapon and thanks for the positive range report .

·
Registered
86 Posts
Got down to FL this morning and set out for the range. I really wanted to practice with the USP 45c but the SP5K got the better of me. I put around 500 rounds down range and just could not put it down. It is such a soft shooter and runs perfect. The factory sights were spot on at 25yd. It got quite a bit of attention also. The RO was really impressed as well as a guy who has a Zenith? I don't think thats quite right but the name was close. We shot them both side by side and the HK was quite a bit smoother. He thought it cycled a little faster but I couldn't tell. The 124gr MEN ammo from Germany ran great and is very clean. I am going to find more mags for it Monday I hope.

I am going back with the USP tomorrow and 500 rounds of ammo. I am going to try and learn the trigger. If I can't get the hang of it are there options to convert it to a more standard trigger?
Whoa, half a case of brass in one sitting? Sounds like that trigger is in for a WORKOUT! Congrats on the fine hardware!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
made my last layaway payment tuesday on my sp5k . hope it makes it to my FFL dealer before the last minute Christmas rush next week . i've already got my SB tactical brace and 1000 rds ready to go . btw the USPc 45 is my CCW, never leave home without, definitely looking forward to $hit n a lot of lead next range visit .

congrats on your new weapon and thanks for the positive range report .
I am looking at using this brace on mine. I really like the look of it and the folding part is cool.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Whoa, half a case of brass in one sitting? Sounds like that trigger is in for a WORKOUT! Congrats on the fine hardware!
Well I hope it doesn't take that much ammo to figure it out. Not sure my wrist will hold up 500 rounds at once. I am going to put as much as I can through it though. I want to make sure it will be reliable. From what I have been reading about the USP I don't think I am going to have any trouble.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Also interested in the side-folding brace. It is featured on their marketing video. I sent them an email to inquire on release date and pricing.

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
I take it back, I don't know you. But a guy I shoot with on the hk team just got an sp5k and was shooting yesterday!! What a coincidence!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That's interesting... I go to that range. If I see someone there wearing out an SP5K, I'll know who it is! :biggrin:
Introduce myself?? I shoot with you every week!!!?? Lolololo
I think maybe you have me confused with someone else.

That's a brace? Wow. I guess you can't see the back from that angle but looks like a real stock to me. Hopefully not to the ATF...
ATF alreday gave the approval letter and it comes with a copy. As long and you don't shoulder it you are all good according to sbtactical.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts