HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got down to FL this morning and set out for the range. I really wanted to practice with the USP 45c but the SP5K got the better of me. I put around 500 rounds down range and just could not put it down. It is such a soft shooter and runs perfect. The factory sights were spot on at 25yd. It got quite a bit of attention also. The RO was really impressed as well as a guy who has a Zenith? I don't think thats quite right but the name was close. We shot them both side by side and the HK was quite a bit smoother. He thought it cycled a little faster but I couldn't tell. The 124gr MEN ammo from Germany ran great and is very clean. I am going to find more mags for it Monday I hope.

I am going back with the USP tomorrow and 500 rounds of ammo. I am going to try and learn the trigger. If I can't get the hang of it are there options to convert it to a more standard trigger?

·
Registered
332 Posts
made my last layaway payment tuesday on my sp5k . hope it makes it to my FFL dealer before the last minute Christmas rush next week . i've already got my SB tactical brace and 1000 rds ready to go . btw the USPc 45 is my CCW, never leave home without, definitely looking forward to $hit n a lot of lead next range visit .

congrats on your new weapon and thanks for the positive range report .

·
Registered
87 Posts
Got down to FL this morning and set out for the range. I really wanted to practice with the USP 45c but the SP5K got the better of me. I put around 500 rounds down range and just could not put it down. It is such a soft shooter and runs perfect. The factory sights were spot on at 25yd. It got quite a bit of attention also. The RO was really impressed as well as a guy who has a Zenith? I don't think thats quite right but the name was close. We shot them both side by side and the HK was quite a bit smoother. He thought it cycled a little faster but I couldn't tell. The 124gr MEN ammo from Germany ran great and is very clean. I am going to find more mags for it Monday I hope.

I am going back with the USP tomorrow and 500 rounds of ammo. I am going to try and learn the trigger. If I can't get the hang of it are there options to convert it to a more standard trigger?
Whoa, half a case of brass in one sitting? Sounds like that trigger is in for a WORKOUT! Congrats on the fine hardware!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
made my last layaway payment tuesday on my sp5k . hope it makes it to my FFL dealer before the last minute Christmas rush next week . i've already got my SB tactical brace and 1000 rds ready to go . btw the USPc 45 is my CCW, never leave home without, definitely looking forward to $hit n a lot of lead next range visit .

congrats on your new weapon and thanks for the positive range report .
I am looking at using this brace on mine. I really like the look of it and the folding part is cool.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Whoa, half a case of brass in one sitting? Sounds like that trigger is in for a WORKOUT! Congrats on the fine hardware!
Well I hope it doesn't take that much ammo to figure it out. Not sure my wrist will hold up 500 rounds at once. I am going to put as much as I can through it though. I want to make sure it will be reliable. From what I have been reading about the USP I don't think I am going to have any trouble.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That's interesting... I go to that range. If I see someone there wearing out an SP5K, I'll know who it is! :biggrin:
Introduce myself?? I shoot with you every week!!!?? Lolololo
I think maybe you have me confused with someone else.

That's a brace? Wow. I guess you can't see the back from that angle but looks like a real stock to me. Hopefully not to the ATF...
ATF alreday gave the approval letter and it comes with a copy. As long and you don't shoulder it you are all good according to sbtactical.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.