HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I have a few low and/or consecutive serial numbered HKs. Low numbers are a LOT harder to get than consecutive numbers. HK makes no effort to mix up numbers and if you order several HK pistols of the same model and caliber more than likely you will end up with a string of consecutive numbers. We had 9 in our shop all consecutive. I bought a few consecs but then realized it is no big deal with HKs so quit doing that and with HKs anyway, it sure does not add anything to their value, unless the buyer is ignorant of the way HK ships firearms.

·
Banned
34,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey BB!

I have seen many of the newer HK pistols (last 2-3 years) shipped that way.

How long has HK shipped in that manner?
Is that with pistols, rifles or both?
What about the older stuff (pre-89)?

Tony

·
Registered
35 Posts
My sk is less than 400. I didn't notice it untill I got it home.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Hey BB!

I have seen many of the newer HK pistols (last 2-3 years) shipped that way.

How long has HK shipped in that manner?
Is that with pistols, rifles or both?
What about the older stuff (pre-89)?

Tony
I cannot really say how long. I have been in HKs for a bit over 6 years now (wow, time flies, I would have thought no more than 5 but dates don't lie) and they have been that way since I first got involved. My first 4 HKs were consecutive (two pairs) and I saw two USCs that were consecutive but I could only afford one at the time.
About the older stuff I really cannot say with any certainty but I have been told (remember, I have been told a lot of stuff that later turned out to be true and not to be true) that they have always been that way. That begs the question, how long is "always?"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts