HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experence and if possible photos of an HK91 with a high power scope and mount lower than the standard claw from HK or ARMS?

In partiuclar was wondering if could get enough length for the base to mount a 40mm Lupold (4.5 to 14 or 3.5 to 10) on the HK91 next year to replace the current German military scope for the summer.

Have an ARMs mount and the HK mount from the X4(?) German scope, but both of them put the optics up higher than I like. The other option woulkd be ordering one of the HK MSG90 stocks to take care of the height and eye relief with the miliary scope (ok but close).

Other advantage of the B&T 21262 would work well with the Aimpoint on either the MP5 or G3 when shooting full auto.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
JTinIN,

I was thinking of using this mount for a Leupold 8.5x20x50 on my HK91 ,in fact I currently have the mount on my 91, but I'm waiting on the scope and rings. I found this THREAD , which includes a link to pics of a 91 with a scope mounted on a B&T 21262 and really tall rings. I think I'm still going to try it, but I believe the ARMS or HK mount would look better with lower rings.

Best,

TC

[ 12-08-2003, 22:48: Message edited by: Turbo Com ]

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have tried several options and have found that the claw mount in conjunction with the MSG90 stock IS the way to go...more options and return to zero ability.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi, I am using the B&T mount with ARMS 22 Throw-lever rings (High - with the see through option) These rings come in 3 sizes, you need to get the highest one! I have a 40mm scope on it and with the MSG90 stock this is a great setup. I have about 1/2" clearance between the scope and the rear sight on the HK91. Not to mention, I can just swap the scope with my EOTech without losing zero. Or if you want, you can leave the B&T mount on and still use your Iron sights. Very flexible setup I must say!

·
Registered
106 Posts
OK, here is what I have done to my HK91. I wanted a MSG90/MSG3 look without spending too much $$$.

* B&T mount
* ARMS #22 Throwlever rings (high)
* Tasco Super Sniper 10x42 30mm
* EOTech
* Williams Contoured Trigger Job
* MSG90 stock
* Harris Bipod with Harris Bipod Adapter #2A screwed into the HK Wide Forearm.

Here are the pics:

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, appreciate the photos.

How does the Eotech work for you (thinking of putting either the Eotech or Aimpoint on the G3 next year for plinking).

If you do not mind my asking, what type five round groups are you getting at 100 yards with match ammo (or what ever the HK91 likes).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics, nice rig. I still prefer the claw lock mount but that is a nicely streamlined setup.

·
Registered
106 Posts
In terms of groups, with the scope on I got a nice clover leave last weekend. 4 shots were all touching each other with one flier that was off the rest of the group by about one inch. But that was clearly my fault. I think if I could use a more mechanic way of testing the accuracy all the shots would be sub MOA which is much better than I expected from a HK91. I think the biggest difference is the Williams trigger. Before the trigger job I was shooting about 2 MOA and now it's >1 MOA. This is the cheapest way ($100) to get top accuracy out of the HK91. Not sure what benefit a $800 free-floating barrel or the $450 HK target trigger would do on top of what I have done. I think once a rifle can shoot >1MOA any further improvement would be "lost" by the shooter.

·
Registered
26 Posts
thats a nice looking 91 there Shooter. can you tell me more about attaching the Harris bipod?

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looked at the Williams trigger myself (almost ordered a PSG1 trigger a couple times but just never got it done).

Interested in the reference to the $800 free floating barrel and would appreciate deatails / photos etc. ;-)

·
Registered
106 Posts
can you tell me more about attaching the Harris bipod?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">See the Post Harris Bipod for $8!!!

Interested in the reference to the $800 free floating barrel and would appreciate details / photos etc. ;-)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, I started out wanting to build a MSG90. That turned out to be too expensive and after talking to RTDS I found out you can get the MSG90 free floating barrel for $800 - $1000 installed to your HK91. Seem overkill considering that the $100 Williams Trigger gets you 90% there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Very nice set-up. Looks great. Could you kindly tell me where you picked up that clipped and pinned 0-1-20 lower. I wouldn't mind getting one myself to use with my 91 internals. I had wanted to pick up an FBI semi or an MSG90 plastic lower but I was informed that the 91 internals would not fit. Your input is appreciated.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts